Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Desire 2 anyone?

• 07-02-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

My contract expired in December and am due for an upgade, was very close to changing from my current Hero to the Desire but as their are new HTC's to been announced next week ill think ill hold off till i can hopefully get the new Desire2........

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/06/htc-desire-2-picture-leaked-also-shows-up-in-vodafones-invento/#

The Irish carriers were quick enough picking up the Desire HD and Z so hopefully these new models won't be delayed too much !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Would they ever spend some of their vast amount of money and get some new designers. They used to have such good looking phones and now they're all the same generic design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Would they ever spend some of their vast amount of money and get some new designers. They used to have such good looking phones and now they're all the same generic design.

Disagree with that. They are obviously trying to build a brand name with the Desire range of phones, the same as Apple do with the iPhone and Samsung are doing with the Galaxy S range.

The styling from year to year changes just enough to entice current users to upgrade to the new phone, and then entice new customers also based on impressions that friends, reviews had of the previous model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ongarite wrote: »
    Disagree with that. They are obviously trying to build a brand name with the Desire range of phones, the same as Apple do with the iPhone and Samsung are doing with the Galaxy S range.

The styling from year to year changes just enough to entice current users to upgrade to the new phone, and then entice new customers also based on impressions that friends, reviews had of the previous model.

They've built that desire brand right into WP7 phones I see...

400px-HTC_Mozart_smartphone.jpg

They're just lazy feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Looking forward to seeing some specs for this. 9 months to go on my current contract though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Interesting. I was considering getting a Desire HD on upgrade but this could change things quite a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement