Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve McClaren sacked by Wolfsburg

• 07-02-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

He has to be the next West Brom manager..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Couldn't believe it lasted this long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hope he has lost that stupid Dutch accent he had anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I think Chris Houghton should get the West Brom job.........

As for Mclaren,he was lucky to survive as long as he did,didn,t he sigh Tuncay in the window? wonder how he feels now................

Hope he has lost that stupid Dutch accent he had anyway.

He subsequently developed a Germanic English accent..... What a chameleon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

"itish noot gud tht i hev loust my jub . My teim at Wolfsburg has bein very enjuwable , i wiel mis you verie muc in my brain "

Here is a Google translation
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steve McClaren 7.02.11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Expectations were always going to be high after all the money spent. I thought he'd be gone during the winter break myself.

12th, 1 point off a relegation playoff spot was never going to cut it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What a horrendous decision. If they were gonna sack him they should have done it before the window opened not after it shut ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i for one want to see a club joint managed by mcclaren and roy hodgson :eek:

or mcclaren take over from alex ferguson :p

Everytime I think of Mc Claran, I think of this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm disappointed that it hasn't worked out for Steve.

He's a decent manager who has achieved a lot. Guiding Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final, Carling Cup success and decent Premier League finishes almost every season was excellent. He then failed at England, but Fabio Capello has hardly set the world alight there and his managerial record is one of the best in the world. He then had the balls to go abroad and try to resurrect his career, which he definitely did when guiding FC Twente to their first Dutch title and he reached the Dutch Cup final with them too.

Wolfsburg do have a decent side, and I though McClaren would have done there well. It's a shame it didn't work out but I hope he gets another decent crack of the whip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

McLaren to take over from fergie:rolleyes:, you heard it here first:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that it hasn't worked out for Steve.

He's a decent manager who has achieved a lot. Guiding Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final, Carling Cup success and decent Premier League finishes almost every season was excellent. He then failed at England, but Fabio Capello has hardly set the world alight there and his managerial record is one of the best in the world. He then had the balls to go abroad and try to resurrect his career, which he definitely did when guiding FC Twente to their first Dutch title and he reached the Dutch Cup final with them too.

Wolfsburg do have a decent side, and I though McClaren would have done there well. It's a shame it didn't work out but I hope he gets another decent crack of the whip.

I'm in agreeance here, too many people jump on the bandwagon of McLaren hate.

He did fantastic at Boro, accepted the English job ( could any Englishman turn it down in fairness) and was let down by a bunch of under performers.

Needs to bite the bullet and come back to England and show his metal, have no doubts he will do well again in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Christ that vid makes me cringe. Embarrassing stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Even before the season started, the media in Germany named him as the first one to get his marching orders. Those so called 'experts' were not right though but it was kind of predictable when Dzeko left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

This doesn't surprise me to be honest. They have been performing very poorly in the league.

Advertisement