Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Engineering Postgrad Courses

Options
  • 07-02-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,
    Anybody of any experience with the application process and the engineering postgrad courses themselves in ucd? Ive applied to the energy masters program and have been told they will offer interviews to applicants that meet the entry requirements.Anybody do a similar masters program or have any idea or information about the courses or what a postgrad interview like this will entail?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I did that Masters last year, the main criteria they used was academic results. I didn't have to do an interview though.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Hi Engsmeng

Is this the ME in energy systems your talking about? If so I have been looking into this one myself and see no mention of an interview although they may just decide on a case by case basis.

I have alot of un-answered questions regarding this course and am waiting to talk with the co-ordinator to discuss my suitability and such.

It is unclear from reading the pdf doc I downloaded from UCD website how many modules are required and the exact duration of the course given the fact it mentions only 3 semesters but is supposed to be 2 yrs long. I assume the second yr is an industry placement and this accounts for yr 2 but it is not too clear. Its the first i've heard of a placement in a masters course!

Anyway here's a link to module descriptors if you haven't seen them already.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/curriculumarchive.html

Just click on the serch programmes tab and enter "energy systems" and follow the resulting link to the modules.

Advertisement