Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible glitch?

Options
  • 07-02-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I promoted a guy from my academy just now, and recruited in a new player.

The new player has the same name, weight, stats, and is pretty much the same height.. is he potentially a database clone? So he'll come out a carbon copy?

EthanC1.jpg?t=1297096822

EthanC2.jpg?t=1297096822

A bit too similar to be a coincidence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Haha why do you have any doubts whatsoever about this? 100% a glitch. Report it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Haha why do you have any doubts whatsoever about this? 100% a glitch. Report it :D

unless the player pulled had deadly skills!!

not with only 16k CSR tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I would have kept quite if he was that good!

I posted in the Bug's section, and was told not to post there without asking first.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

tbh I've noticed on a couple of occasions when pulling a youth that a player with very similar weight and height attributes will replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Oh i'v have the same aswel,

It's just when a player with the exact same name replaces a pull, with very similar attributes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Effluo wrote: »
    tbh I've noticed on a couple of occasions when pulling a youth that a player with very similar weight and height attributes will replace them.
    thats because the youth team makes you a team all you have to do is put it together i.e you promote a prop you replace it with a prop- outhalf to outhalf. i taught everyone knew that and im a newb. thats why you shoulf always make a note of who came up for who

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I've never really found the simularity between the player I pulled and the newly scouted one. In fact only once have I really found that when I pulled a player with a height of 200+, then I got another 200+ replacement.

I always thought/believed it was pot luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

well thats what iv been told, i havent really had much pleasure of promoting and researching. maybe the game taught you needed a midget back instead when you promoted a lock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

they are supposed to be similiar - ie within a range of the guy you pulled. but its really luck. the chances of getting a heavy guy etc is low. i pulled a 197cm &115kg player and got a 189 &92kg player... the useful range of physical attributes means to me that the range is big enough to be effectively random.

but to get the same name etc. that's not supposed to happen... or at least the odds of it happening on a random scale?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

seanand wrote: »
    thats because the youth team makes you a team all you have to do is put it together i.e you promote a prop you replace it with a prop- outhalf to outhalf. i taught everyone knew that and im a newb. thats why you shoulf always make a note of who came up for who

I understand where you're coming from but it certainly isn't as clearcut as that

• Advertisement
Advertisement