Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iQon desktop not detecting nVidia Geforce Video Card

• 07-02-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39

Hi,
    Im having wicked hassle getting my iQon PC model# 945GZM-S2to detect a newly inserted nVidia Geforce Video Card. I've disbaled the current onboard one and tried to install the driver for the nVidia one but its not detecting it at all for me.Any ideas as Im baffled?
    thanks
    ellessconfused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Read this on google it might help

If you merely disabled or "uninstalled" the onboard graphics' driver in Device Manager, that will NOT do it. It merely makes Device Manager attempt to find a newer version of the onboard graphics' drivers.

To disable the onboard graphics, you MUST disable it through BIOS so Windows won't even be able to detect it. Your add-on nVidia graphics card will NOT be recognized until you do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 elless

Thanks but I got the same answer from Yahoo. I have tried disabling it in BIOS but there is only one option to tell it to switch to AGP once there is a card in the slot and that is selected already. I have checked that it is sitting in properly and still no joy. I thought that it would have deteced the hardware as soon as it was inserted and switched as its supposed but it doesnt.

Advertisement