Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting range in South East

Options
  • 07-02-2011 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

does anyone know if there is a shooting range somewhere in the south east? my boyfriend would love to try this & I am trying to organise it for Valentines Day but can't find anywhere. We live in Wexford, but wouldn't mind if we had to travel a few hours!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Shotgun and/or rifle. Rifle might not be possible as "day" membership is not allowed on some rifle ranges now thanks to Dermot "Plank" Ahern :rolleyes:

I reckon "Hilltop" would be your nearest facility

http://www.hilltopshootingsports.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

horseygirl wrote: »
    does anyone know if there is a shooting range somewhere in the south east? my boyfriend would love to try this & I am trying to organise it for Valentines Day but can't find anywhere. We live in Wexford, but wouldn't mind if we had to travel a few hours!
    Thanks!

There is also a range in fermoy. But as bunny says day membership is no longer an option.
    But. I think there are places where he can go clay pigeon shooting.
    What kind of shooting does he like. And does he have his own rifle/shotgun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

horseygirl wrote: »
    Thanks!

Is this post a troll? Is it possible that a woman could possibly want to go shooting on St. Valentine's day?

Any sisters? ;)

Just kidding, sorry, I do not know of any ranges.

If that falls through, please advise what caliber y'er man's rifle is. A nice box of these would be a great gift. It even comes in a red box!
    2009116-hornadyspammoms.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

FISMA wrote: »

If that falls through, please advise what caliber y'er man's rifle is. A nice box of these would be a great gift. It even comes in a red box!
    2009116-hornadyspammoms.jpg

Make sure she gets the correct Calibre, and get 2 boxes!

It will be worth the effort ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

Make sure she gets the correct Calibre, and get 2 boxes!

It will be worth the effort ;)

Effort or not its illegal, im guessing the op may not know the firearms laws so no point in suggesting that the op trys to buy ammo unless the op is licensed to do so.

@op, only thing you can really do is get your fella a day clay shooting or if he already has his own firearms then maybe consider some accessories ie. clothing,bipod,decoys etc all depends if he already is shooting or not and if so what is he shooting, the more info the best advice we can give.

If he has no firearms then a few hours clay shooting is probably the best thing, as bunny shooter has said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Just call up some of the ranges suggested, tell them what it is you are doing and they will make some suggestions for what would be a good idea.

You don't need to know the law - they do.

You just need to enjoy yourself and take no heed of the denizens of the night.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Hondata92 wrote: »
    Effort or not its illegal, im guessing the op may not know the firearms laws so no point in suggesting that the op trys to buy ammo unless the op is licensed to do so.

@op, only thing you can really do is get your fella a day clay shooting or if he already has his own firearms then maybe consider some accessories ie. clothing,bipod,decoys etc all depends if he already is shooting or not and if so what is he shooting, the more info the best advice we can give.

If he has no firearms then a few hours clay shooting is probably the best thing, as bunny shooter has said

Why are they illegal?
    The lads have said to get the correct caliber so if he has a licence for them why are they illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Why are they illegal?

They're not if you have a license for the same caliber
    The lads have said to get the correct caliber so if he has a licence for them why are they illegal?

Because Tack told her to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Sorry i must have missed the part where she said she doesnt have a licence

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zulu_dawn

hi there,

in south county kilkenny - there is a very good shotgun clay pigeon shooting range
    http://www.bishopsmountain.gunclub.ie/

nice present

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Vegeta wrote: »
    They're not if you have a license for the same caliber

Because Tack told her to buy them.

SHE can PAY for them, Just tell him to call into the local RFD to COLLECT THEM

My friends have bought me ammo down the years as presents.
    Just leave the price of them in the RFD and get him to put them aside!!

No need to get excited lads ;)
    Unless you think a RFD would hand over ammo without seeing a Licence!:eek:

Advertisement