Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break ins in Cabinteely/Deansgrange/Cornelscourt area

Options
  • 07-02-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I live in Cornelscourt and this weekend my family went to our house in Wexford and i stayed at home on the Friday night but on the Saturday i stayed with the missus.

When i came home yesterday morning i noticed that there was 6 lumps out of my front door where someone had tried to break in by using a screwdriver to pry the door open and thankfully they never got in.

I rang the Guards and they came down and said there is a huge amount of break ins in the area for the past 3 months and they are after gold so they can sell it in the cash 4 gold shops.

My mother told me that last Thursday about 4pm the door bell rang and when she opened it there was a guy about 19 years old, 5 foot,red hair,Dublin accent and wearing a big black coat. When she opened he asked did John Murphy live there and my ma said no. While she was saying it she noticed that he was standing to the side of the door and was looking at the frame but she thought he was looking at the dog. Who ever broke in knew exactly where to put the screw driver in because there is 6 inner locks in the door and tehy managed to get a screwdriver exactly where they were. Just on my road last week 5 houses where broken into.

If you live in the area please beware that your door is locked and keep an eye out for that redheaded guy walking around.

My front door was locked and i left the hall light on and the front porch lights on but they still tried to break in.

Hope this might help some of you or prevent a break in.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

As I'm sure this post gives away I'm up until quite late most nights, but on Wednesday night I was sitting down stairs on my laptop. Heard something at the back door, presumed it was just my dog having a paw at the glass trying to get out. Heard it again, so got up to let her out, but could see an outline of someone at the back door. Fright of my life. Called the dog, went to door, flicked on outer light and saw the f***er racing down the garden. Opened the door, and made sure the dog gave a few barks, but kept her in. Called guards, who brought in their dog unit ( must have already been in area) to try get a trail or scent but no joy. I live in monkstown. Same thing with the screwdrivers at certain points. Scared about what could have happened if the guy got in tho.. I prob would have just froze. But yea, I'm just thankful nobody got in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I read somewhere that there was a load of break ins the end of 2010 and when the robbers get inside they boil the kettle first and then go looking for stuff to nick. if they are confronted they throw the boiling water over the person which is seriously bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

I never heard of that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

bungler wrote: »
    I read somewhere that there was a load of break ins the end of 2010 and when the robbers get inside they boil the kettle first and then go looking for stuff to nick. if they are confronted they throw the boiling water over the person which is seriously bad.

Urban myth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

bungler wrote: »

I've never heard of that before but it could happen I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

There's been break-ins on my road (Killiney) since December, another one last Friday. Have had the Gardaí call to my door asking did I see anything strange. They reckon it's one gang doing it, hope they catch the toerags sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Folks, as a guard let me give some advice. If you think someone is trying to get into your house, ring 999. It IS an emergency and nobody will give out to you. It's the quickest way of getting a patrol car there and you'll more than likely get 3 or 4 cars. If you can get as good a description of the person as you can, it's extremely helpful.

Advertisement