Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Wales - Nations Cup - 08/02/11 - 7:45PM

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Trilla wrote: »
    Thing about this is we have Wes Hoolahan, Andy Reid, Fahey and McCarthy who can play there...disappointing Gibson has only the above mentioned to compete with for a CM place

Yes im well aware these are other options im talking about what Trap seems to think are our options. Again Hoolahan is playing in the championship. Fahey is not getting a game center mid for birmingham and Mccarthy who im very excited about has not even got a cap yet. I mean Ferguson seems to rate Gibson. He scores goals his passing range might not be good enough for United. But he is better then all the center midfield options we have already. Are you telling me Gibson wouldnt start for norwich, birmingham and Wigan. Gibson has shown promise but has struggled this season. Its not easy when you get limited chances at a huge club and are under so much pressure each time to perform, knowing your going to be a scapegoat when things go wrong. I hope he moves next year to a mid table club where he is first choice and a regular started which will only benefit Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

McCarthy has a cap, just not a competitive cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Dempsey wrote: »
    McCarthy has a cap, just not a competitive cap.

Yes exactly he has not got a competitive cap and Trap doesnt seem to like playing these type of players in important games. like i already said i am excited about him, but imo Trap wont start him in our upcoming competitive games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Renn wrote: »
    Wouldn't have gone even if it was free - don't think the price of the ticket is the problem here.

Good support there.

Anyway, I think Gibson is somebody we need in the team. We are short of goals and he will chip in with goals. If he had a decent midfielder beside him, I think it would greatly improve the team. Hopefully McCarthy and Meyler come through for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Well it's probably better for the team to not have someone in the stands that hates seeing them play so I'd probably agree in saying that it's a good thing.

Advertisement