Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you know if your cat is pregnant?

• 07-02-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Myself and the missus are having a dissagreement as to whether our cat is pregnant. She thinks its pregnant where as i say it isn't. The thing is the cat went missing for 2 months and we recently only got her back. Now i have to admit her belly is big but are there any other tell tale signs to know for sure without having to bring her to the vet.

Thanks
    Coco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you gently palpate her rounded tummy you'll be able to feel kittens and movement in there. If you take her to the vet they can tell you how far along she is and how many kittens they think are in there, and when she's likely to give birth. The vet can also give you information on what your options will be for rehoming, and for the cost of neutering the cat.

It'd be quite unusual for a cat to go missing for two months and come home fatter than when it left, tbh.

Advertisement