Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp

Options
  • 07-02-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend a damp expert? I have some rising damp coming up through my extension / wet room. Area in question is quite small - about three feet wide. The wet room in general is very badly built, and I'm planning to knock it down eventually, so only want to get the essentials done.

When I got the house surveyed before buying, the engineer said it was likely something to do with a seal under the house.

What kind of costs would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

Renovator wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a damp expert? I have some rising damp coming up through my extension / wet room. Area in question is quite small - about three feet wide. The wet room in general is very badly built, and I'm planning to knock it down eventually, so only want to get the essentials done.

When I got the house surveyed before buying, the engineer said it was likely something to do with a seal under the house.

What kind of costs would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance

If this is the problem, you should arm yourself with a bucket of cheap fish and a large net. Tempt the seal out from under the house with the fish. Once he emerges, pounce with the net!

Problem solved.

Advertisement