Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonky Shower

• 07-02-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

Our Mira Elite shower is on the blink, with water constantly coming out of it even when the power button and switch are off.

I tried turning off the stopcock to the tank in the attic, but thats just turned off the hot water to the upstairs sink tap. Cold water and toilet flushing are fine.

Strange thing is, shower seems to run out after a while, I guess because the attic tank has drained. I can also still have a shower.

Question is: how do I fix this ? What supplies the shower ?

Cheers,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its most likely

The solenoid valve has become clogged. You can open the shower and try clean this out but it most likely will need replacing. you can order the part and do it yourself if you feel competitent... Parts are ordered from Modern plant.

Advertisement