Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Htc or iphone

Options
  • 07-02-2011 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I'm trying to decide which to buy. Looking for people advice on which option to go for....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Try both, see which you prefer.

Technically, there isn't much difference between the two (assuming youre talking about htc desire hd) so it all boils down to user preference.

That said, I had both and opted for the htc. Therefore, htc is better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

depends on which HTC Phone? You know HTC has many :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

iPhone4 hands down. Android is not nearly as well polished as iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

though Windows Phone is polished :P

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭MrGarak

I've had both and much prefer Android, especially so if you are a techy type that likes to play around with things.
    iPhone4 hands down. Android is not nearly as well polished as iOS.

You should try MIUI ROM on Android. Might kill off that fanboy streak. :p

I do videos of them sometimes, heres MIUI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vpqMXu1Uvk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MrGarak wrote: »
    I've had both and much prefer Android, especially so if you are a techy type that likes to play around with things.

I am a techy type, just one that's fecked android, symbian, and windows 7 mobile out the door as I just haven't time to play with my phone software:p

I just want my phone to work, no messing, no rooting, no trying roms, I just need to be able surf the web, make calls and texts send emails, have some quality apps, listen to music, watch videos all with a decent smart phone battery. iPhone is best at all of these (ok i'll give you the lack of flash:)).

I've had both and android doesn't compare, there's just to much input required to get the best out of android.

I went: symbian > iOS > symbian > Android > windows 7 > Android > iOS. Not moving again, smugly happy with my iphone4 laughing on the inside at the HTC fanboys:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Definitely go with android

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Fill out this... This will make it easier to help. :)
    What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    Operator - have you an operator preference
    Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    Price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I replaced my 3gs with a Desire HD. Wont be going back. Bought an android tab (archos 101) aswell after the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭MrGarak

Must start to take a look at the tablets, there's plenty of competition now and they're getting more popular all the time.

Some good posts in here anyway to help the OP decide, all the best with whatever you end up getting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

Thanks for all yere replies:D. I think ill wait and see what htc bring out next and if its better than the iphone ill go that way !

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

See my thoughts, posted on this thread, asking the same question
    HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

Obskure wrote: »
    See my thoughts, posted on this thread, asking the same question
    HERE

Omg, that was brilliant help !!:) Thank you so much !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

xkariex wrote: »
    Thanks for all yere replies:D. I think ill wait and see what htc bring out next and if its better than the iphone ill go that way !

Yeah HTC are due to announce some new phones over the weekend at MWC so you're best off just waiting. :)

Advertisement