Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3G 16gb

Options
  • 07-02-2011 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am just wondering if i should buy a iPhone 3G for 180 and its out of warranty? Would it be risky or ok? Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

It depends on if you're a glass half full or half empty type of person. Otherwise 180 is a very good price and worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

naasrd wrote: »
    It depends on if you're a glass half full or half empty type of person. Otherwise 180 is a very good price and worth the risk.

Are you serious? You would want a 3GS for that price! 4's are going for 400+ and 3GS's going for 200-300. Apple ain't supporting the 3G with new software anymore cuz the hardware can't handle the applications etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah. I would not get a 3G at this stage. It's coming near the end of it's reign. It can't handle multitasking. Will run very sluggishly on recent firmware and a lot of apps could just freeze it. Best to hunt round for a 3GS

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Go for a 3gs instead. I got an unlocked 3gs for around €300 6-7 months ago so you might pick one up for closer to €200 these days

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

€180 is well below the average asking for my working factory unlocked 16GB 3G, Ciaran ;)
    I checked adverts, ebay and donedeal before I priced it and by all accounts that's a good price.

Nevertheless, you have a PM about your offer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I really wouldn't let anybody I know and cared about buy a 3G at this stage - I felt bad selling my 3G to someone last July! Now its almost 2 models behind!

Advertisement