Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange one for ya...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

BrianJD wrote: »
    This is a work colleague who was filling her car with petrol. Her daughter was messing with her phone whilst waiting to go into the shop with her and took this photo. My work colleague is certain there was no body there.

I think it may be a movement of her hand or something but it really does look like a hooded person.

Suggestions?

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs797.ash1/168743_110023732405663_100001941113686_79385_1915478_n.jpg

:confused:

wow thats a class pic could be a helpful ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭blacktalons

a ghost doing nixers,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Thats freaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

might wana photoshop out the regplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

There's definite movement in that photo, so I'm going with the flick of the hand as suggested. It must be said though that that is one very cool photograph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Nice threads for a ghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yep looks like the arm was moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

shes puttin the pump back in

lookit the colours

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The 'hood' has a ripple effect that looks to me like it's the pump nozzle moving through the air. Mobile phones are notorious for catching movement like that. Take a pic on yours while moving the phone, or moving something in the shot and youll see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

scarf blowing in the wind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah it's just the woman lifting the pump out of her tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

1.23 a litre - where's that - I'm off to fill up, ghost or no ghost!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What a freaky looking picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Looks like the petrol station in Charleville????

If it was the nozzel, why would she have had it up so high?

One good pic though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Looks like the petrol station in Charleville????

If it was the nozzel, why would she have had it up so high?

One good pic though!

Mitchelstown I think. I dont think it's the nozzel or a scarf. If u look at the shape (and ignore that it has a face and hood) if it was either of the two suggestions, you would have one shape. This shadow? has a clearly defined shape with multiple of angels which happens to have the shape of a person. I don't think you would make this shape with one swish of a scarf or a nozzle which was being held very high.

I've spoken to the person involved and she has no idea what it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

BrianJD wrote: »
    Mitchelstown I think. I dont think it's the nozzel or a scarf. If u look at the shape (and ignore that it has a face and hood) if it was either of the two suggestions, you would have one shape. This shadow? has a clearly defined shape with multiple of angels which happens to have the shape of a person. I don't think you would make this shape with one swish of a scarf or a nozzle which was being held very high.

I've spoken to the person involved and she has no idea what it could be.

Not really -- you can clearly see that the "hood" has lots of breaks in it, obviously caused by something moving while the photo was being taken.

147450.png

It does look like a hooded figure, but that's just a bit of pareidolia, like the face on Mars:

faceonmars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

shes puttin the pump back in

lookit the colours

Was she waving the pump around or throwing it back? I am pretty sure when i put it back arm doesn't reach that height.:D

It looks like a hooded figure great pic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Death: "I only filled the bloody tank two days ago - how come you used so much petrol?"

Mrs. Death: I went to see my mother didn't I!! If you weren't such a miserable bollocks you would have come with me."

Death: "All the way to West Meath to see your mother? I don't feckin' think so!!! I rather gnaw my own arm off"

Mrs. Death: "And what's that supposed to mean???"

Death: "OK I'm sorry - West Meath is not that bad. It's your mother I can't stand."

Mrs. Death: Oh that's great! Have a pop at my mother when she's not here to defend herself. She was right about you.

Death: "Ah yeah! Here we go.. You should have married Paddy Dooley - he has a pub... bleh, bleh, bleh, I'm only putting a tenner in. It'll have to do you for the week!"

Mrs. Death: "Ya miserable bollocks! Guess who's sleeping on the sofa tonight?"

Death: "Wow! Lucky me!"

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ML, Thats great and funny and all, but its also off topic. For that kind of stuff, maybe try AH or Creative Writing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

I couldn't resist it. You know me - naughty but nice. I'll be good!

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Oryx wrote: »
    The 'hood' has a ripple effect that looks to me like it's the pump nozzle moving through the air. Mobile phones are notorious for catching movement like that. Take a pic on yours while moving the phone, or moving something in the shot and youll see what I mean.

I don't think it looks like the affect of the nozzle moving through the air. If such was the case the edge would be straighter or even slightly curved to a certain extent I would have thought. This is even ignoring the fact the woman is highly unlikely to swing the nozzle that high into the air for whatever reason.

More likely if anything to be the outline of the woman having moved back and around having being directly facing the car previously as the blur may be more consistent with that outline. She may even have being standing on the step if there is one around the fuel pump, judging by the difference in height and the whole movement was very swift.
    Riamfada wrote: »

Why?

Why?

Because it identifies the person in the picture to anyone with half a brain and an internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

No way was she shaking at the nozzle, that's impossible, look clearly to her right shoulder, the line is straight going down towards her left shoulder...and above her left arm...., you can see the V shape above that making it look like a hood/cape sort of thing... that cannot be done accurately if moving the hand when taking the shot as it would be distorted, but in the picture it is clearly a steady hand as the car, lighting, and surrounding areas are clear...

Can the OP answer this?

Couple of things to my mind..
    1. Possibly a warning that something is going to happen? a fault in the car that has yet to appear (sorry if this sounds negative or impending doom, but clearly I do not wish to distress anyone..) :o
    2. is it really somebody watching over their shoulders? :o
    3. Did the hooded person die in that exact spot on a previous occasion (perhaps a garage before it was taken over by Amber)? :(

brilliant capture... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

t0mm13b wrote: »
    3. Did the hooded person die in that exact spot on a previous occasion (perhaps a garage before it was taken over by Amber)? :(

Considering the lack of any hooded figure this is a silly question :rolleyes:

It may not be the nozzle (I agree it's not) but it's no apparition. The waves in the figure are caused by motion on a camera phone and since the colours are consistant with her clothing, any monkey can put two and two together.

Even if this was a spirit, it wouldn't have been an omen for her since she didn't notice it until looking at the picture later; the whole point in an omen beeing to warn the personwouldn't be much good if she didn't see it at the time of importance would it?

Because it identifies the person in the picture to anyone with half a brain and an internet connection.

And?...

Anyone though? Only people who knew the person who drove 07-C-3155 I would have thought?

GodlessM wrote: »
    Even if this was a spirit, it wouldn't have been an omen for her since she didn't notice it until looking at the picture later; the whole point in an omen beeing to warn the personwouldn't be much good if she didn't see it at the time of importance would it?

Im not necessairly buying into the fact it was an omen either per se (keeping an open mind about it really) but maybe thats when the woman was meant to see the omen...from the photo the child took...the child was meant to take the photo and that and the hooded figure (assuming it was as such) appeared in the photo to forewarn the woman of a pending accident in a few weeks times.....thats all hypothetically speaking of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

It's not a hooded figure, it's the woman having moved position. Look at her back. You can see a pump through her body, as if she's transparent.
    She starting pumping as she was standing up on the pedestal thing the pumps are mounted on and then moved left, probably so she could see the counter dial.
    I often start pumping and then move but for some strange reason nobody is taking my picture while I'm doing it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Why are people so paranoid about their reg plates?

What can someone here do that they couldn't just look out their window and find a reg to do it with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

How is that a bad thing?

What can they possibly do with that information?

• Advertisement

SugarHigh wrote: »
    How is that a bad thing?

What can they possibly do with that information?

Jesus Christ, Is there anything people wont argue about on this forum. Other than politeness and respect for the person in the photograph, it is generally what most people would do on the internet with any picture of a car.

Advertisement