Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't collect dole this week

• 07-02-2011 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hello,

I am unable to collect my dole payment from the postoffice this week. Will it be held until next week or if I ring them up will they hold back the payment?

Confused.

Hayley.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Sugarfree

Can you not get time off from your nixer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

yes they hold it for 6 days i think. I picked up on the Monday of the next week when I could not make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HayleyLyons1

Sugarfree wrote: »
    Can you not get time off from your nixer?

:rolleyes: Yes, because there are loads of jobs available at the minute....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Payment only stays in Post Office for 3 days. If you cannot collect you need to go to your office to advise why, and they can try and suspend the payment. when you are available to collect, they will then issue the payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

You need to go to your local office and sign a form to say you cant make it.
    Although it might almost be too late for this week. They usually send payments on Tuesday for Thursday collection.

You may have to wait a few weeks to get it back if its too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

maybe it is different for jobseekers but i called my local dole office and they said 6 days and no problem being late picking it up from the post office. its the signing day that is important not to miss, then they will suspend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

ppink wrote: »
    maybe it is different for jobseekers but i called my local dole office and they said 6 days and no problem being late picking it up from the post office. its the signing day that is important not to miss, then they will suspend.
    It varies how long, the norm is 3 days.

If you miss a payment you will find yourself subject to a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Sorry i just didn't see anyone mention it but i don't think i'll be home in time on Wednesday to collect my dole, do i need to let them know or if i just go in on Thursday will the payment still be there?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Mark! wrote: »
    Sorry i just didn't see anyone mention it but i don't think i'll be home in time on Wednesday to collect my dole, do i need to let them know or if i just go in on Thursday will the payment still be there?

Thanks

It's no problem, it'll be there for you on Thursday
    You can let them know but realy, there is no need to

Advertisement