Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactor Required

Options
  • 07-02-2011 9:15pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a contactor with the following:

3 x NC main contacts rated for 40A up to 600VAC
    1 x NO auxiliary contact rated for 1A
    1 x NC auxiliary contact rated for 1A (nice to have but not essential)

Coil voltage 230VAC

Dose anyone know where I would get one? The main contacts being normally closed makes it a little different from the norm. I need this to ensure that it fails safe.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

out of interest what's it for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Go to your nearest electrical wholesaler and ask for a 4 pole 40 amp NC contactor, hager is a good make.
    I think hager do a 2 pole 20 amp NC NO contactor which if you connect this coil to 4 pole coil it wil act as an auxillary contact,ie join the 2 A1 and 2 A2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Get an industrial automation contractor from the likes of schnider or merlin green. You can clip on auxiliary contacts for your extra 1A contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

beanie10 wrote: »
    Go to your nearest electrical wholesaler and ask for a 4 pole 40 amp NC contactor, hager is a good make.
    I think hager do a 2 pole 20 amp NC NO contactor which if you connect this coil to 4 pole coil it wil act as an auxillary contact,ie join the 2 A1 and 2 A2.

Yea but if you want fail safe setup its best to have the aux contacts mechanically attached to the main one, as one contactor could fail independent of the other when using 2 seperate ones, unless failure of one would not matter.

Sounds like the type of contactor used for emergency lighting central test units. You can get N/C contactors with clip on auxilary contacts anyway.

• Advertisement

Could electrically interlock them and do it that way alright though beanie10. All depends on what the exact application is.

Advertisement