Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homecare Worker rates.

Options
  • 07-02-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

A friend is a qualified homecare assistant, she minds elderly in their home, some calls are for an hour at a time and some on a rare occasion is overnight.

She was asked by a client to do 5 night per week from 10pm to 8am and the rate offered is 35 euro per night? Is this much below normal expected rates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055236835

this link was put up a while back it might give you some idea, As far as i no the rate would be from €9.50 up to €12 per hour. So im sure overnight may be a bit more.

I think the €35 that your mate has been offered is very low!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

10 hours working/on-call for €35. That's ridiculous.

I don't know myself how much she should be charging but a hell of a lot more than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mrs A

It woul depend on whether your friend was just there as a precaution and going to sleep whilst there, or is she would be available all night to tend to her client?

Also privately paid hours do tend to be quite a bit less than employer paid hours.

Advertisement