Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimax contract?

• 07-02-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭

Know a guy who signed up to Wimax a few months back, paid 150 for connection and installation. speeds are shocking slow.
    He's changed to a fixed line now, as the Wimax just doesn't give decent speed (everyone in the area has same problem)
    He wants to cancel the contract, but apparently it's another 100 quid to cancel.
    Has anyone sucessfully walked away from one of these, will cancelling the direct debit have any bad consequences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 RogueFaye

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Know a guy who signed up to Wimax a few months back, paid 150 for connection and installation. speeds are shocking slow.
    He's changed to a fixed line now, as the Wimax just doesn't give decent speed (everyone in the area has same problem)
    He wants to cancel the contract, but apparently it's another 100 quid to cancel.
    Has anyone sucessfully walked away from one of these, will cancelling the direct debit have any bad consequences?

HA, I gave them a try just around Nov, WORST experience ever. I'm actually filing a complain to http://www.askcomreg.ie/ about them now.
    When i signed up on Nov, there's a 7 days trial, means if u not happy or can't get a connection since its wireless, you can cancel it without charge.
    So i got the modem on first day, Nope no signal at all, rang them straight away to cancel it,the guy on phone said OK and someone would contact me to finalise the cancelation, 2 weeks pass...no one call, instead a BILL came.So i rang them, they confirm i rang that day reporting no coversage but they didn't cancel the transfer. Common sense, if someone don't get a bloody coverage, wouldn't they not cencel??!!! SO this time i was assured it'll be cancel and that there would be a courier to pickup the modem, 2 weeks pass....no courier, rang them again, they'll send another courier....nope...no courier came...but instead a new bill arrive.I rang and ask them to check their system, i have NEVER use their service for one day and wanted to cancel from day one and all im getting is Bills and phone calls requesting me to pay up.Their supervisor agrees and said the charges would be lift off once I send the modem back. This time, they send me a letter with a Register stamp so i can drop the modem in post office.So i did dropped it off in Dec, Guess what happen earlier today. Debt collectors called me on behave of IMAGINE saying i owe them money!!!!!

Advertisement