Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BLS instructor course prices? aed/cpr

• 07-02-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    just looking to see if anyone knows where BLS instructors courses are being run at a reasonable fee. SNIP (course provider)...750 euro for 2 day course!!!

(Have current aed/cpr card, looking to get instructor qualified)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

emptyshed wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    just looking to see if anyone knows where BLS instructors courses are being run at a reasonable fee. SNIP (course provider)...750 euro for 2 day course!!!

(Have current aed/cpr card, looking to get instructor qualified)

Thats the normal price for BLS instructor as a stand alone.....wouldnt advise just becoming an AHA BLS instructor however.....make sure the course covers you for CFR-I also.

Finally be aware standards are changing in April/May....so may be best to wait till then.

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

as above id wait until the new standards roll out then check it out then. its that expensive because its a qualification you'll potentially make money from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭emptyshed

I thought the pricing was a bit steep for what your getting.
    2 days tuition, I'm guessin thats about 10 -12 hours at most when ya cut out lunch, tea breaks etc.

I'm guessin most people attending would have a good knowledge of the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Thats cheaper than a price I was quoted from a Dublin training company for CFR alone!

Make sure you look into the criteria after those two days, ie courses that you need to organise and run yourself in order to pass and get cert's ect, it was looking at more like 2k after the above with the crowd I was intouch with, aside from that I dont really see it as a viable source of income either as there's that many cfr instructors already I wouldnt be doing it in the hope of getting rich :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

emptyshed wrote: »
    I'm guessin most people attending would have a good knowledge of the subject.

No quite the opposite. BLS and CFR is not instructing as I see it. CFR/BLS "instructors" are skills facilitators by right.......the whole course is on DVD and they prefer for the instructor not to interact too much
    eireal wrote: »
    Thats cheaper than a price I was quoted from a Dublin training company for CFR alone!

Make sure you look into the criteria after those two days, ie courses that you need to organise and run yourself in order to pass and get cert's ect, it was looking at more like 2k after the above with the crowd I was intouch with, aside from that I dont really see it as a viable source of income either as there's that many cfr instructors already I wouldnt be doing it in the hope of getting rich :)

You shouldn't have to organise your training dates.

After your two days you must sit in on a course, assist in a course and then present a course under supervision. The last three days shouldnt cost you a penny.

The best price if I can remember is a company in the west who organise the classes for you to attend after the two days. Friend of mine did it a few months ago....maybe a year ago now actually.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the replies. A bit more research is required.

Wouldn't be planning on earning from the qualification, more voluntary stuff really.

Have plenty of experience in running classes/presentations etc, from my previous work background.... would like to get a course provider that I can gain some skills etc from rather than just going through the motions.

Would like to hear feedback from anyone who has done course recently... feel free to pm if naming companies aint allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

NGA wrote: »
    No quite the opposite. BLS and CFR is not instructing as I see it. CFR/BLS "instructors" are skills facilitators by right.......the whole course is on DVD and they prefer for the instructor not to interact too much

You shouldn't have to organise your training dates.

After your two days you must sit in on a course, assist in a course and then present a course under supervision. The last three days shouldnt cost you a penny.

The best price if I can remember is a company in the west who organise the classes for you to attend after the two days. Friend of mine did it a few months ago....maybe a year ago now actually.

Goes to show how varied it can be from company to company, here's an extract from an email I got...
    The 3 CFR courses are arranged by you. When you have confirmed the venue and students (max 8), you then notify me and I will arrange a tutor. There is a cost of €350 for the tutor for each of these 3 courses and also €25 per student for the External Faculty fee - see separate email.

I thought the use of the instructor may have been included in the course fee but from the above it wouldnt seem so depending on who you train with

Sent e-mails to a few course providers, 750 seems to be the standard price. (ouch)

No one seems to mention how ya do your assesments etc. One crowd basically said ..if you know any BLS instructors you can ask them to let you sit in/assist etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

as above id wait until the new standards roll out then check it out then. its that expensive because its a qualification you'll potentially make money from.

All existing instructors will be upskilled via an online training program, free for existing instructors I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

Big Lar wrote: »
    All existing instructors will be upskilled via an online training program, free for existing instructors I believe.

think im being upskilled in house, as i have to do the new cfr advanced standard anyways then the instructor version

• Advertisement
Advertisement