Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wardrobe sheets and doors

• 07-02-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Going to make up few wardrobes just wondering where is the best place to source these materials. Will be looking for 8x4 sheets of vennered mdf or melamine mdf and will be looking for wardrobe doors aswell, also looking for drawer fronts, wardrobe hinges, etc. I know noyeks newmans stock this stuff as well as wood workers.ie but dont have any experience of buying this sort of stuff and looking to get decent price for the material any wardrobe fitters any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

BUMP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭woody_2000

Without being facetious, I would just advise to contact some of the main builders providers (like Brooks, etc.) by either e-mail or telephone and ask them do they stock (or can they get) a particular specification(s) of veneered/laminated MDF...

They may also be able to deliver...

E.g. Hi. Can you supply 18mm beech veneered 8 x 4 MDF sheets, and can you give a price for x sheets, etc... Also, can you advise on delivery of same to ... (if necessary). Thanks in advance.

Someone more local to your area might be able to give more particular advice....

EDIT: Sorry, doors as well... Maybe the same suppliers can quote for doors as well, as part of a larger order (for a good package price, inc. delivery). Veneered MDF also makes nice doors, with the right handles, and veneer (this may or may not be what you're looking for).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tonyforan

hi it would be my advise that you stay away from the 8x4 sheets as cutting them without a panel saw is hard and quite dangerous

you need too ask in noyeks newmans for ready cut panels they come pre edged the size you would require would be either 550mm or 600mm as the mim required for wardrobe,s due to hanging space the panels, come 2400mmx550mm/600mm they are in chip board and they would stock backs and doors in the same colour as the panels
    the size,z 100mm
    150mm
    300mm
    400mm
    500mm
    550mm
    600mm
    hope this is of use to you

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

Thanks for replies Im in the trade myself so tools aren't an issue just really wondering where is the cheapest place to source the material I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

panelling centre or colliers. both in santry

• Advertisement
Advertisement