Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Catering Cork City.....

Options
  • 07-02-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Lookin for a house to sleep 6 - 8 min for next weekend in Cork City..... Its for 3 couples ans everywhere we seem to look is booked or does not look great.... Not a whole lot on the net either so wondering does anyone here know of a house we can ent or a few numbers or sites to check.....

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I doubt there's many self-catering tourist apartments in Cork. It's just not setup that way. Head down the coast a bit and you'd find plenty.

I do know one place that's outside the city, in Carrigaline about seven or eight miles away. Fernhill http://www.fernhillcountryclub.com/lodges.php

It's a golf course/hotel/holiday home place.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

Well we are lookin for something in the city as we have a night out in the city and it will be a late one..... Just wanted the comfort of a house for a few drinks after and a sleep in and cook a bit of brekkie ourselves.... Seemed like the best way to do it but is very hard to get a house as you say.... Mailed a few guys off Daft to see if they will rent a house for the weekend.... Finger crossed....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

oo7tk wrote: »
    Well we are lookin for something in the city as we have a night out in the city and it will be a late one..... Just wanted the comfort of a house for a few drinks after and a sleep in and cook a bit of brekkie ourselves.... Seemed like the best way to do it but is very hard to get a house as you say.... Mailed a few guys off Daft to see if they will rent a house for the weekend.... Finger crossed....

Lovetts have small houses that they rent out in the Ballinlough/Well road area - near the Silver Key pub. I stayed myself once at Christmas 2009. I can't find any details on the Web though. These were grand houses, not sure you will get 8 in them but you can get two together or something, near a bus stop, pub and chipper and not far from town.

Maybe someone else can shine a light on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Family members of mine stayed at Jacobs Island http://www.irishvacationrental.com/index_files/falcon.htm but when I visited them there it was ony a 2 bed . You could try Vienna Wods Hotel , they have self catering houses at the back of the hotel they sleep 6-8

Advertisement