Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steven Seagal Talks About Teaching Anderson Silva Front Kick to the Face

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dear Steven

Please could you show me your deadly stuff?

Regards

Anderson Silva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

****ing Hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Still laughing at the "Will you please teach me your deadly stuff." :pac:
    Seagal has such a brilliant way with words, his vocabulary is excellent. "Lost a lot of the sacred nature of the secret lineage." ? :pac:
    "I may have been a bad boy and done it" :pac:

Hahahaha:pac:

In all fairness, he's a f*cking genius when it comes to martial arts. Wasn't he supposedly the first/only Westerner ever to get such a high grade in Aikido?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

no he's not a genius. yes he has a high rank in aikido but aikido is the least martial art martial art. the stuff he's showing anderson in the videos is laughable.

anderson silva is a liar and a waffler in interviews, i dont even know how he keep a straight face. he's taking the piss out of everyone with his comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Yeah. Anderson used to throw that kick very often. Never connected with that force though. Think he nailed Cote with it once. They even have him kicking like that in the last ufc game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Bas had a right laugh about him on twitter today. He posted this promo vid for UFC 18 which shows him using the same technique against Frank Shamrock in the mid nineties. 17 sec into vid.

Bas had a right laugh about him on twitter today. He posted this promo vid for UFC 18 which shows him using the same technique against Frank Shamrock in the mid nineties. 17 sec into vid.

Wow, so he taught Rutten too? The guy's on fire!

no he's not a genius. yes he has a high rank in aikido but aikido is the least martial art martial art. the stuff he's showing anderson in the videos is laughable.

anderson silva is a liar and a waffler in interviews, i dont even know how he keep a straight face. he's taking the piss out of everyone with his comments.

Well, I believe he is.. I would count Aikido as a good close-quarter martial art..

I hear he's also invented the jab-cross-hook combo. Anderson's going to use it in his next fight...

As for the last part, all I can say is... Free Chael Sonnen!

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Well, I believe he is.. I would count Aikido as a good close-quarter martial art.!

Didn't work too well for him when Gene Lebell choked him out on the set of a film after Seagal challenged him! ;)

Didn't work too well for him when Gene Lebell choked him out on the set of a film after Seagal challenged him! ;)

Seagal bottles out of Dance Offs as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

he's an absolute legend haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

No question he's a whack job if he thinks he invented this kick. But why are people like Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva spending their time training with this guy?

They have their reputations and their salaries at stake when they step into the cage. Why would they take time out of their training program to go train with Seagal? Just to take the piss out of the MMA community or get inside their opponent's head? Doesn't sound right.

I'm not suggesting Seagal had anything to do with Anderson's knock out win but they must at least have some respect for Seagal's ability to train with him wouldn't you think?

But why are people like Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva spending their time training with this guy?

I'd imagine he's a Walter Mitty who's grossly exagerating how much he's actually trained with them.

I'd imagine he's a Walter Mitty who's grossly exagerating how much he's actually trained with them.

Absolutely, and from the vids of the training I don't think they would have gotten much out of it.
    But why did they go in the first place? Just giving an old actor a chance?

Can't make much sense of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

My favourite quote of all time is now "I don't really keep track of space and time that well". To think that Anderson Silva, the greatest pound for pound fighter in the world, never learned the front kick before Seagal "taught him" is beyond belief.

Silva has confirmed himself that Seagal helped him out with the kick
    "As far as the kick goes, the last time I did my training camp here, I was training at Black House with Steven Seagal, and he helped me a lot with that kick," Silva said through his interpreter and manager, Ed Soares. "He perfected it. I did that kick for a long time, and he actually helped me perfect it."

Source

trolll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

Just wait until I show him how to soccer kick a downed opponent. Just a little something I've been working on. Nobody ever taught it to me, just figured it out.

Shane, The

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

The Shane wrote: »
    Just wait until I show him how to soccer kick a downed opponent. Just a little something I've been working on. Nobody ever taught it to me, just figured it out.

Shane, The

Funny...

Funny...

4971293681664514212.png? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=6199
    Steven Seagal did not, in fact, teach Anderson Silva anything and certainly not the kick which knocked out Vitor Belfort at UFC 126.

This should really have been obvious to everyone but it has taken a reporter from Brazilan outfit Portal De Vale Tudo to definitively debunk it.

"The declaration of the champion Anderson Silva (Seagal helping him with the amazing kick) was contemplated with humor by the fans, who knows that the actor was at most twice with the Brazilian,” a report in the online magazine says.

“The approach between the two was actually a marketing maneuver planned by the agent of Anderson, Jorge Joinha, to give more visibility to it's champion in the American media. The plan worked very well in the first stage, the problem was in the wrong dose and reached the absurdity of assigning a brilliant victory by the biggest name in the MMA of all time to a "Master of Hollywood" who never climbed in the ring.

“The worst of all is that Segal, perhaps influenced by some of his films, believed and even stated in several interviews after the fight that "He (Anderson) did everything the way i taught him and made me very proud". For God's sake..."

So, that’s cleared that up. Segal didn’t teach Anderson his fight-finishing kick (which, incidentally, Anderson used on Dan Henderson and Lee Murray and also featured in an instructional he produced TWO YEARS AGO).

This seems to have escaped the notice of Mr Segal himself who has given numerous interviews detailing his “pride” in Anderson’s winning technique. He is either deluded or putting in the performance of his acting career.

• Advertisement

vbXuJ.jpg

Niall0 wrote: »

I don't believe it and frankly, I find your character assassination of Mr. Seagal insulting.

Luckily for you, Mr.Seagal hears and sees all and I will not have to dish out retribution myself. I shall simply wait for Mr.Seagal to turn up unexpectedly at your house, pull your heart from your chest and show it to you, still pumping, before you collapse in a pool of your own piss!

Niall0 wrote: »

Well we all knew he didn't actually teach him anything.
    I don't think it was such a slick idea from Jorge Joinha, although he probably thinks he's a marketing genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

But what about this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tNw-KSzVI

Check out "getting the elbow" at 4.47

He also taught Lyoto his elusiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaDGBFB4ZOA

Check 1.30, "you have to work on your combinations"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Absolutely, and from the vids of the training I don't think they would have gotten much out of it.
    But why did they go in the first place? Just giving an old actor a chance?

Can't make much sense of it.

They probably want to use his connections in Hollywood. They kiss his butt he introduces him to some Hollywood producer. This "training" with Segal is most likely separate from their actual fight training.

I'm sure Segal knows his stuff when it comes to Martial Arts but lets face it. What Hollywood "star" isn't vapid and out of touch with reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Will somebody please tell me the story about Seagal getting choked out by a hollywood stuntman.

Thanks in advance.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Will somebody please tell me the story about Seagal getting choked out by a hollywood stuntman.

Thanks in advance.

IIRC That wasn't just any Hollywood Stuntman it was the legend himself "Judo" Gene LeBell.

Here's the story and website:http://judoinfo.com/discuss/index.php?showtopic=951
    According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels thsi story. Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene. So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious. When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since.

For the most part I wouldn't be surprised if this is true but considering the source [Gokor Chivichyan one of Gene's students] that it might be exaggerated a bit [Ie Gene made Segal crap himself]

Thanks in advance.

From what I hear, on the set of one of his movies, Seagal was being a complete clown to everyone and basically saying he was the greatest martial artist of all time, how he was a 6 time world Ass-Kicking Champion and he once punched a horse so hard it became a Jack Russell Terrier. He was also showing everyone a new move he had invented called the "front-kick".

So one of the stuntmen says "well, we've got a guy backstage who is the real dead. He could choke you out". Of course, after Seagal was finished squashing said stuntman's testicles using just the power of positive energy and Feng Shui, he proclaimed "Never, this is impossible. For I am Steven Seagal! Have you seen my new move? It's called a Front Kick!"

So this old guy appears and calls Seagal, Seagal replies "Sorry, i'm just practicing this new revolutionary kick i've invented. It;s called the Front Kick, i'll be right with you."

So the old guy grabs Seagal, chokes him, and Seagal taps. Of course, Seaal says "Oh, I wasn't ready. You only choked me because I was off guard".

So this old man waits for Seagal to be readym and chokes him to sleep! The old man and all of his guys were then fired from the set and never worked on a Seagal movie again.

The old man was Judo Gene LeBell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Amazing

I'm not sure who here listens to The Joe Rogan Podcast, but he tells the Judo Gene and Steven Seagal story about 26 minutes in. He says how Gene actually told him first hand. Its pretty hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

This is possibly the funniest, most entertaining thread i have read in a long time!
    I laughed so much.
    Thanks all.

I do believe akido might be helpful in the ring for footwork as well as capoeira(or however you spell it).
    I just found it funny Seagal taught Silva this move and has spent 30 years perfecting the art of looking one way as you strike another.
    I just watched this fight tonight and was saying to myself "omg he stole my move!" (its the only mid/high kick i can do without tearing my groin haha)
    Then realised Seagal had beaten me to it aswell....lol

It was a beautiful knockout i must say.
    I appreciate it alot just because i really like the idea that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.
    Common sense i know,but to see it put into action was lovely, a bonus to have it land and be effective.Not exactly something you would want to do if your not happy lying on your back though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Clooney1

Anyone ever heard the story with Steven Segal and Judo Gene? Gene told someone first hand about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Clooney1 wrote: »
    Anyone ever heard the story with Steven Segal and Judo Gene? Gene told someone first hand about it.
    No, no one's ever heard of it. Especially in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Clooney1

No, no one's ever heard of it. Especially in this thread.

O.k well
    According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels thsi story. Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene. So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious. When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Clooney1 wrote: »

I would also be interested in hearing this, if anyone has any knowledge of it, thanks.

• Advertisement

Jesus guys read the fúckin' thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Jesus guys read the fúckin' thread!

If you know the story maybe you can share it with us thx.

sounds like some judo bloke choked seagull out? anyone got a link to the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭TheRevolution

Some guy heard it first hand from Judo Gene himself. Apparently Segal shat himself!! Found it doing a quick google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RAMA 5

I find it hard to fathom that so many people worldwide are having an orgasm over this feckin kick. I along with anyone who trained in A TOP Muay Thai camp in Thailand (not a feckin holiday camp) would have been taught this in the first 6 months of training..jeez i teach this to my own students after a few months. Wise up people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Segal reached his status in aikido as he saved the life of the daughter of the head of a particular branch of aikido. She then married him as she felt she owed her life to him.

She wrote a book about it. She hates him and hes known for smashing up his students.

RAMA 5 wrote: »
    I find it hard to fathom that so many people worldwide are having an orgasm over this feckin kick. I along with anyone who trained in A TOP Muay Thai camp in Thailand (not a feckin holiday camp) would have been taught this in the first 6 months of training..jeez i teach this to my own students after a few months. Wise up people.

Makes you wonder how evolved MMA truly is when people do crazy over a basic kick that you learn on your first day in either Karate [Mae Geri] Muay Thai [Teep] or TKD or any other striking based MA.

Really? Never heard that.

Especially back earlier in the thread or anything!

It's a shame because it looks like a lot of people here would like info on this..... and can't seem to find it..... anywhere....... not in this thread or nothing........

MrStuffins wrote: »

It's a shame because it looks like a lot of people here would like info on this..... and can't seem to find it..... anywhere....... not in this thread or nothing........
    Well it's news to me that's for darn diddley eye tootin' sure!!

Well it's news to me that's for darn diddley eye tootin' sure!!

i also heard that Steven Seagal made some sort of claim, saying he taught Anderson Silva some sort of kick thing? Any discussion on that anywhere?

MrStuffins wrote: »

i thought that was the gag? keep on asking for the story? can't please some people around here.

i thought that was the gag? keep on asking for the story? can't please some people around here.

I was also contributing to the gag, but from a different angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

I'll leave the last word to El Guapo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70VCO062cUw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The counter has come straight out of Ireland...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=148150&d=1297781087

EDIT: tags removed cos the pic was showing too big, maybe someone can edit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'm surprised Steven has the time to teach the kick whens he's so busy fighting crime

• Advertisement
Advertisement