Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at second year modules

Options
  • 07-02-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I'm in first year now and when in second year will be hoping to major in English and minor in Irish...anyway can I look / read up on second year modules offered in these subjects now? I'm just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah HERE's a link. Just find your course, and scroll down to see whats core for Stage 2. Theres a tab for modules.

Actually I don't know how it works for Arts but Science is easy enough to find whats what so its probs is for Arts too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Thanks Conor will take a look now!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭surm00

How many credits do we need for second year? Is it the same 60 as first or does it increase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭CG328

surm00 wrote: »
    How many credits do we need for second year? Is it the same 60 as first or does it increase?

You need to have a minimum of of 50 credits out of 60 credits to progress to second year. It depends on your course how your stages are arranged but if in arts you do 120 credits throughtout your second and final stage. This stage is based around your second and third year. You may choose to do 60 credits per year or you can choose to do it maybe 50/70. As long as you do a minimum of 20 credits per semester or a max of 40 credits per semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Conor108 wrote: »
    Yeah HERE's a link. Just find your course, and scroll down to see whats core for Stage 2. Theres a tab for modules.

Actually I don't know how it works for Arts but Science is easy enough to find whats what so its probs is for Arts too. :)

I was using this link today to look at second year modules to take (I wanna have a fair iea now rather than decide in August).

But it's not working for me anymore. :confused: I click on Arts - BA joint honours ft - and then it doesn't allow me to check out the subjects / modules. I was able to do this awhile ago.

Anyone else having this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Looks like they've changed it around slightly. My course doesn't show up for first year anymore (astro) probs because they've made it that you have to do science omnibus now.

When I click on Arts BA Joint Honours FT can you scroll down to the boxes of groups?

I have no idea how choosing subjects for arts works but it looks like if I click on say, Economics, I can see what modules I need to take for it to be a single major/joint major/minor etc.

So just find the two subjects you do as joint majors and read the requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

Oh they've changed that list a lot it seems.

Looked at my course on it.

To think someone was lecturing me on here about how UCD would not on purpose make it hard for those with fee problems to find lecture times etc.

There used to be a tab along the lines of the "what happens if i fail" stuff which if you clicked it dropped down a list of lecture and seminar times.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/gggggggggggggggggggggggvb.png/

Imagine that, it's been deleted:rolleyes:

Advertisement