Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to go to meet single men?

• 07-02-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Where would be a good place for a single lady in her early 30's to go to meet single men of a similar age?

All suggestions gratefully received :p

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seeing as this isn't a dating forum, you're not likely to get too many serious answers OP!

You'd do well to check out clubs/classes/groups that interest you. Meet lots of new people and you're more likely to be able to network with a wider circle of men/women/whatever you're into.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

osarusan wrote: »
    Have I missed something? How does this answer her question?

They're single, from Limerick, into fitness, and not too picky. She's into Yoga. Perfect!

So yeah... you missed a fair bit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi all
    Where would be a good place for a single lady in her early 30's to go to meet single men of a similar age?

Thanks

Clohesseys?
    Nancy Blakes?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Funny/chatty/off-topic posts moved to the Waffle Thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming!

Am not a drinker but I do go to nancys n clohesys odd time. If your not drinking it a different experience I think than for those who are.
    Not sure what clubs/ classes have single men in their 30's :)
    I do attend classes and go to matches but alot of men in their 30's there are in couples already. I'm not complaining just looking for some good advice!

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I hear upper Catherine Street is a good spot to meet men these days.;)

I hear that too. I don't think many of them are single though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I hear that too. I don't think many of them are single though :o

Zing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Dublin. On a night out, pretty much every lad is desperately single or gunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

I'm out tonight, but you'd want to be hot:D

• Advertisement

Thank you 'The Dave' for the lovely offer but from your post I don't think your my type. :o

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Thank you 'The Dave' for the lovely offer but from your post I don't think your my type. :o

Thanks anyway

ouch

I wasn't trying but be bitchy just honest so no offence 'The Dave'. I'm sure there will be plenty of hot women out tonight for him to go chasing!

RHunce wrote: »
    ouch
    Now I know how the guys on Take Me Out feel;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Hi Yogalady, by your name I guess you have an interest in certain pursuits, though I guess it would be strange to go to your interest groups with one thing on your mind as this would be a distraction. Im a male single 31 year old and I dont drink, so do understand your situation as it's hard to find a sweet person who is able to chat normally without a few drinks on them.

I'm happy in the fact that I have a daughter so she always comes first, though time just keeps slipping faster and faster away from me. I think it would be very helpful for you to try something different from your normal pursuits, maybe something like a walking club or even the spontaneous things like public meetings and stuff.

Someone said to me a long time ago if you stop looking they will come to you. Doesn't work so well with me, I stopped looking and that was that :D

Hi padma

Thanks a mill for our very honest and genuine post. It can be very hard to get a serious response from anyone here sometimes!

I enjoy heading out to the pub the odd time but if you don't drink heading to the pub every sat nite quickly loses its appeal. There's only so many diet cokes a girl can drink :p.
    I am 9 months out of a relationship and to be honest I'm very happy doing my own thing. Just wasn't sure how to go about meeting new people again

Thanks again for posting. It much appreciated :)

So a guy with a sense of humour is ruled out straight away then, e.g. my first response was a joke, obviously my wit does not come across on t'internet:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thanks anyway

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hi yogalady, you up for a hot vegetarian Indian meal sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

niallers1 wrote: »
    I hear upper Catherine Street is a good spot to meet men these days.;)
    The single men companions moved on from Catherine Street and were walking the full length of Lower Hartstonge Street (Pery Square to Henry Street). I spotted them there before and after the Munster Match. The Guards was questing one of them when I arrived back to the car after the match. They were not good looking and very obvious and stuck out like sore thumbs. The ones on the continent are a lot more subtle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Hi padma

Thanks a mill for our very honest and genuine post. It can be very hard to get a serious response from anyone here sometimes!

I enjoy heading out to the pub the odd time but if you don't drink heading to the pub every sat nite quickly loses its appeal. There's only so many diet cokes a girl can drink :p.
    I am 9 months out of a relationship and to be honest I'm very happy doing my own thing. Just wasn't sure how to go about meeting new people again

Thanks again for posting. It much appreciated :)

You are right, It can be hard to get genuine responses here. The fact that everything in Ireland centres around the pub makes things difficult for the likes of those who don't drink. My past relationship was quite good in the fact that she didn't drink so our Saturday nights were spent doing different things and going to different parts of the country to do them. In honesty I find a lot of women are looking for a one night stand in the pubs and clubs so where in this country does a person go who looks for more than this? I don't know the answer but maybe if you find out you can let me know. I do Yoga but more the meditative Yoga than the stretching and I do it at home so have thought of going to a Yoga class but it would be strange one man and 50 women, fun though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Heck, just get on a dating site and meet up with some people. Normally those people on dating sites are in it for the same reason.

Save for a few weirdos of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

padma + yogalady = match made in heaven!!!

you guys should exchange numbers....send each other pm's and go for a jar.....never know....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Miss Congeniality

Hi all

Hi Yogalady... I feel your pain as I am in the same boat.. I also do not drink and would love to meet some single men!! I would love to find a group activity thats fun in Limerick but outside of actual courses or sports theres not much in Limerick or Clare..something like a fun bowling league or a cinema group or just something that doesn't revolve around drinking but revolves around people getting out and meeting people!!!:)

Hi Miss Congeniality
    Thanks a million for posting. That a great idea. If anyone would like to organise such a night I'd love to go

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

guitarzero wrote: »
    Dublin. On a night out.
    that's how I met my boyfriend through a boards beers in Dublin. It hard to meet any decent men in Limerick, all the good ones are taken or gay :pac: and like yourself and Miss Congeniality I don't drink either.
    If you're any good at art, why not try a Drink & Draw? Never been to one yet so not sure what they're like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hi Miss Congeniality
    Thanks a million for posting. That a great idea. If anyone would like to organise such a night I'd love to go

Thanks again :)

They exist. It's called Limerick beers where some members of this "community" meet up for a few drinks. You can drink a soft drink or non alco if you like.

It'll get you out of the house and it's a start. Hard to organise as the forum is full of procrastinators but you can always try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Enright

When you said that he wasnt your type! should he have used a different font?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Berty wrote: »
    Heck, just get on a dating site and meet up with some people. Normally those people on dating sites are in it for the same reason.

Save for a few weirdos of course.

like THE DAVE is it ?lol

and a hot vegetarian indian?jeez wonder what that tastes like.

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    like THE DAVE is it ?lol

and a hot vegetarian indian?jeez wonder what that tastes like.
    I'm just a nice guy looking for love :D

Advertisement