Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game and Chat volume when recording

Options
  • 07-02-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Heya lads. When Im recording I use turtle beaches for the game and chat, but when I stop recording and listen over I couldnt hear the chat, so I set the output to "system device", it recorded the chat next time but you can barely hear it because of the gameplay volume gunshots/explosions etc. I see the likes of the wind up merchant Kevin on Machinima and his chat volume is really high and clear, I know xbox has better chat quality but mine was way too low even for ps3, I remember before I had the HDPVR the chat coming through the TV was higher.
    Anyone know how I could fix this or if there is even a fix? Could it be the TV sound settings?:confused:
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Where are your TB's plugged in?

There are 3 possible places:

TB > PVR IN
    TB > PVR OUT
    TB > TV

If they are in the PVR IN they should pick up the sound as clear as you can hear it

If you just want it clearer on the TV, try directly into the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The voice chat through TV is generally done at a lower volume so that people who play with TV speakers and want to hear chat can still listen to team-mates (along with annoying mic spammers, people who sing, trash talkers etc. :roll:) without it drowning out the game too much.

The only real way around it would be to reduce the game volume (at least half) and turn up the game audio volume on your TB's to compensate.

This is all assuming you have a set with separate game and chat volume dials.

Advertisement