Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Otterbox Defender for iphone 4

• 07-02-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Im looking for one of these otter box defender cases but I can't seem to find one for much less than €40 does anyone know if they can be gotten for less? Or can anyone recommend a similer case for less.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

apart from buying one second hand i don't think you will try ebay/amazon etc.. might pick up a second hand one or maybe someone selling cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭timefora_J

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Thanks for that, I just ordered one with a total of about €30.50 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Its £22.10 (~€26) shipped to Ireland if you pick "FREE Super Saver Delivery"

I didn't see the free delivery option and I did look for delivery options anyway it's too late to change it now, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

It annoyed me tha I didn'get the free deliverey so I checked.

Copied from Amazon:

Not Eligible:Items delivered to addresses outside the UK are not eligible for free Super Saver Delivery.

Is this correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

gears wrote: »
    It annoyed me tha I didn'get the free deliverey so I checked.

Copied from Amazon:

Not Eligible:Items delivered to addresses outside the UK are not eligible for free Super Saver Delivery.

Is this correct

No
    Super Saver Delivery to European destinations
    Amazon.co.uk offers free Super Saver Delivery to the following countries:

Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Andorra, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Vatican city, Poland.

If you bought directly amazon and not from a Market place seller and spent over £25 stg you should've been eligible.

I had one on my iphone 3 at Oxegen last year. Load the Oxegen ap on it & couple it to a battery charger and it was a lifesaver even in the pissing rain!

I got mine from a dealer in UK "(Wales I think- memorybank or something) for E40 back in April.

No

If you bought directly amazon and not from a Market place seller and spent over £25 stg you should've been eligible.

As the case was less than £25 excluding delivery I might not have qualified. Any way I got it in the post today, fast delivery I'd say, and it really is the business, I would recommend getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 strooooble

Hi,
    I was just thinking about getting Otterbox as well for iPhone4, how do you like your case? Which one did you get, commuter or defender?
    And probably the most important question: Does it have protection for the sockets?
    I am going on beach holiday and don't want sand/dust getting into the headphone jack or charger/usb socket, so if these cases come with cover for the sockets, I will get one. :)

Thanks in Advance.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

strooooble wrote: »

Hi,
    I was just thinking about getting Otterbox as well for iPhone4, how do you like your case? Which one did you get, commuter or defender?
    And probably the most important question: Does it have protection for the sockets?
    I am going on beach holiday and don't want sand/dust getting into the headphone jack or charger/usb socket, so if these cases come with cover for the sockets, I will get one. :)

Thanks in Advance.
    :)

I've been using a defender for the last 2 years and they are a great case but bulky and not waterproof, have a look at it vs the Lifeproof case and make a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Has anyone got the Lifeproof case for the Iphone 5 yet, wheres the cheapet place to get one, Amazon don't have them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

murph226 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the Lifeproof case for the Iphone 5 yet, wheres the cheapet place to get one, Amazon don't have them yet.

A work mate has one ordered directly from the maker , he ordered 2 weeks ago so should have soon, I went otter box but will update here once I see the life proof.

Advertisement