Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to close Eircom account and get back my deposit?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi!

I would like to disconnect my telephone line, cancel broadband subscription and close my Eircom account.

What's the proper way to do it?

Also, back in 2006 when I was living in a different house I had to pay Eircom a deposit to get the telephone line connected. I won't be using Eircom services any more so I'd like to get that deposit back. What's the procedure for that?

thanks,

Marcin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Marcin B wrote: »
    Hi!

I would like to disconnect my telephone line, cancel broadband subscription and close my Eircom account.

What's the proper way to do it?

Also, back in 2006 when I was living in a different house I had to pay Eircom a deposit to get the telephone line connected. I won't be using Eircom services any more so I'd like to get that deposit back. What's the procedure for that?

thanks,

Marcin

Hi Marcin B,

If you contact our services department on 1800 242 633, an agent will take your details and then put you through to cancellations directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fiona L

Hi,

Sorry to take over this thread but can you tell me, how long do you have to be with eircom before I cancel my account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Fiona L wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry to take over this thread but can you tell me, how long do you have to be with eircom before I cancel my account?

Hi FionaL
    You can close your account whenever it suits you but if you are cancelling just your line or just your broadband there is an early cease of contract charge. This contract is for 6 months. If you have broadband and a talktime bundle then the contract time is 12 months.
    If you PM me your line no I can provide exact details.
    Tony

Advertisement