Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 11 minutes average time for 2 miles ?

• 08-02-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

Never trained for Athletics but dont plan on playing GAA this year so might give it a go !!! Just wondering what kind of a base i had ?? Was before christmass that i ran it but think i could get in2 shape pretty quick

Thanks for any responses

p.s im 30 !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

Never trained for Athletics but dont plan on playing GAA this year so might give it a go !!! Just wondering what kind of a base i had ?? Was before christmass that i ran it but think i could get in2 shape pretty quick

Thanks for any responses

p.s im 30 !

i would say it is way above average to run 2 miles in 11 minutes.....without running specific training it is really really good, the chances are you would be a lot better at athletics than gaa if you can do that time with no training. was the distance accurate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

Yeah the distance would be accurate it clocked at 3.2 Km, Might turn my hand 2 it their a void after GAA and i want 2 stay fit, should i join a club or go it alone ? sry for silly questions just never really considered it b4

Yeah the distance would be accurate it clocked at 3.2 Km, Might turn my hand 2 it their a void after GAA and i want 2 stay fit, should i join a club or go it alone ? sry for silly questions just never really considered it b4

what kind of training did you do to get that time? i aint a member of a club but i think you should join a club

Just casual runs maybe up to 10km but never under 2 much pressure

Just casual runs maybe up to 10km but never under 2 much pressure
    did you ever do a time trial or a race at any other distance than 2 mile?

• Advertisement

I ran a 10 Km 2 years ago with no training at 42 mins, and again no training marathon a few years ago 4,01, 52 but i suffered badly after as u can imagine !!! Next one i will definately do some training for !!

I really should train, even writing here i feel like an Idiot lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

I'm only a casual runner and I'm doing about 8 minute miles. 11 minutes fir two miles is very very fast.

What's your secret

No Brain :) very easy 2 disconnect lol

I ran a 10 Km 2 years ago with no training at 42 mins, and again no training marathon a few years ago 4,01, 52 but i suffered badly after as u can imagine !!! Next one i will definately do some training for !!

I really should train, even writing here i feel like an Idiot lol
    a 42 min 10k is good with no training, and so is a 4 hour with no training...the 2 miler time is a lot better and thats because you didnt require the same amount endurance training to get that, but still i wouldnt think many of the intercounty lads would do two 5:30 minute miles back to back, all their training is to get speed for 10-20 meters so it doesnt bother them, your best bet is to join a club...that way you can learn how to train very quickly and avoid getting injured
    some of the club runners on here might be able to sort ya out

Advertisement