Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound proof apartment?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience of soundproofing apartments We live in a five yr old, first floor, 2 bed. We can hear footsteps on wooden floor upstairs and the tumble drier (as they put it on at night) from upstairs, nothing from below or either side. Fine spacious good location apartment in lovely development but the noise thing is getting to me lately. Did anyone ever soundproof ceilings in apartments like this>
    Would appreciate any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Check your lease - wooden floors are not allowed in most modern apartments. The MC can take the owner to court and force their removal, happened a poster on here a few months ago, try searching. Also call your Management Agent and ask them to clarify rules on wooden floors in your development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Tumble dryers or any other noise is usually covered by the rules of the house, check your contract or contact the management agents. If they give you a hard time then get in contact with your management company.

Also, before you do that, go and ask your neighbours to not run their dryer in the middle of the night but be nice. I was in this situation several months ago and my neighbours complied. Had to ask them twice, though, and I am a big enough lad to be taken serious at midnight when wearing my pyjamas and slippers :)

Advertisement