Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage repayment break- without being in arears. Possible?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has applied for or gotten a mortgage repayment break.

I am currently not in arrears on my mortgage and meet it and all the other loans each month however I am struggling to get a handle on my finances.

I am thinking on applying to my bank for a repayment break on my mortgage and am wondering if anyone has recently done this. I applied about 2 years ago when I separated and they pretty much said if I was not in arrears they didn’t want to know when I was trying to get help before I got into arrears. (I understand they are trying to help people who are in real arrears first but I don’t think it was right to basically shoe be out of the door)

I am wondering from anyone who has applied or has experience in this area what is the best thing to do or the best thing to breach with the bank in order to try and get this?

I just need to get back on my feet and this would really help me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is possible, but as you say, its difficult these days.

Put together a list of you income and expenses and put that to you bank manager.

Advertisement