Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game with all Pokemon included

• 08-02-2011 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

Given that with Black and White there will be now over 600 pokemon, i'd love to see a future game that has every pokemon avaialble in it.
    I suppose it probably wouldn't be possible with the ds at present because it would need to be pretty big but i hope it'll be something considered in the future.

Does anyone think this will ever happen and more importantly would you like to see a version of pokemon like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well Black & White do have every Pokémon in them, just some you'll have to trade over from the other DS games and then
    some are available in the wild in B&W when you finish the story
    . While B&W may not have every previous gen 'mon in the wild it still can hold all of them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One thing I don't like in the games is the event exclusives, so you can't get them without going to an event, or downloading via wifi (y'know, unless you hack it or something). Like Deoxys. I don't think it was done in an event over here, so I don't know anyone that actually has a legal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Ok. I wasn't aware of that. But it sounds like it would be kind of difficult to obtain them all through trades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun...

Honestly, the youth of today.... you give them WiFi trading, the entire planet to arrange trades with through internet forums, the GTS so they don't even have to arrange the trades themselves and they still moan. When I were a young trainer startin' out all you had was a gameboy and a cable and you had to find that one other student in college who played the game, had the other colour cartridge and didn't smell of gone-off milk. eeeeeehph WiFi events are hard - you don't know you're born! Stop collecting pokemon, try something less challenging like collecting all the leaves from the hedge in your garden. No trading necessary, it's all right there in front of you. Training options may be limited to the moves "wither", "float to the ground" and "make a symmetrical face by folding it in half and using your thumbnail"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Ok. I wasn't aware of that. But it sounds like it would be kind of difficult to obtain them all through trades.

if you where to start from scratch then yeah maybe . but i still have all my old ones . all with fully captured pokedex's just waiting for the transfer . i dont have event ones though nothing i could do about that :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Banjo wrote: »
    If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun...

Honestly, the youth of today.... you give them WiFi trading, the entire planet to arrange trades with through internet forums, the GTS so they don't even have to arrange the trades themselves and they still moan. When I were a young trainer startin' out all you had was a gameboy and a cable and you had to find that one other student in college who played the game, had the other colour cartridge and didn't smell of gone-off milk. eeeeeehph WiFi events are hard - you don't know you're born! Stop collecting pokemon, try something less challenging like collecting all the leaves from the hedge in your garden. No trading necessary, it's all right there in front of you. Training options may be limited to the moves "wither", "float to the ground" and "make a symmetrical face by folding it in half and using your thumbnail"

Some of us can't connect to a wifi (my router won't let my DS connect to it for some reason). I do so fondly recall the link cable and hunting other players days though, wound up with all 3 starters in Gold, good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Then go to Meet Ups. Use free Wifi. Beat up kids and steal their cartridges. It's all part of the thrill of the hunt!

To fix the router issue, I find the easiest thing to do is to turn off all security but create a list of MACs that are allowed access so only you and your devices can use it. Speeds things up and it's unlikely that any super-hackers are within a 100m radius of your house spamming spoof MACs in the hope that they'll gain access to all your secrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've never really enjoyed the trading aspect. Given i don't have wifi access it's even more annoying to me. A game that allowed me to catch or acquire every pokemon in game would be welcome.

Anyway it must be getting pretty hard to invent new pokemon at this stage.

I've never really enjoyed the trading aspect. Given i don't have wifi access it's even more annoying to me. A game that allowed me to catch or acquire every pokemon in game would be welcome.

Anyway it must be getting pretty hard to invent new pokemon at this stage.

Oh definitely. I mean look at the Ice-cream cone, or the bag of rubbish in Black and White.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I actually find the trading aspect annoying too.

Though, I do love having the wifi. Makes it soooo much easier.
    When I started playing pokemon (yellow). I only knew one other kid who also played pokemon... so, I could trade for some but still couldn't get all of them. (And this frustrated me back then... )
    I don't really bother trying to 'collect' every pokemon, now. Just the ones I like :P.
    There's just too many, imo. (and since I only 're-started' playing pkmn with SS..it's
    kinda hard to catch up )

@ Denny M. Does your router have WPA encryption(most do)..cause it needs to be wep ?
    I had to buy a small router(could set my own encryption) to make my pc act as an access point...only way to get online with my DS. >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Denny M wrote: »
    Oh definitely. I mean look at the Ice-cream cone, or the bag of rubbish in Black and White.

Wha chu talkin bou foo!!!. Ice cream cone is boss as fúck i can't wait for my ice cream man!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

They should do a massive one incorporating all five regions and 40 badges but sorting levels out would be an absolute bloody nightmare, possibly unworkable.. Would have to be a stand aside game with a completely different exp system and therefore uncompatible for trade etc with all other games.

Having said that, how epic would it be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Denny M wrote: »
    One thing I don't like in the games is the event exclusives, so you can't get them without going to an event, or downloading via wifi (y'know, unless you hack it or something). Like Deoxys. I don't think it was done in an event over here, so I don't know anyone that actually has a legal one.

Yeah those are a bit dumb, even if they reintroduced them as a recurring annual thing with certain exclusives available at certain dates. Sure, the current system means they are very exclusive but when the tag-line for your game is "Gotta catch 'em all" having certain 'Mons be locked out unless you find someone willing to trade their once in a lifetime 'Mon is a bit stupid. And it just pushed people to hack them.

spiralism wrote: »
    They should do a massive one incorporating all five regions and 40 badges but sorting levels out would be an absolute bloody nightmare, possibly unworkable.. Would have to be a stand aside game with a completely different exp system and therefore uncompatible for trade etc with all other games.

Having said that, how epic would it be...

Could work, maybe if you fluff it and have one of the pokemon who can control time bring you to the past and you choose one of 5 different options on how the world is formed then journey back and find the choices affect what Pokemon appear (similar to the Red/Blue, Gold /Silver differeneces in pokemons), and after a certain time you can journey back and change it again, but your captured pokemon at that point are stored in the past so have to start again. Then the HM moves could be used to terraform the prehistoric world, by diverting lava flows with boulders so areas either have the lava form into a rocky, rough terrain or not go near it and let a forest appear, or divert rivers to form grassland or block it to make deserts.

Plus, catching an Aerodactyl in the wild would be awesome :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would seriously drool for all the Pokémon regions to be available in one game. Although I would also support the idea for Pokemon left out etc for the trading and such.

It could all be easily possible on a 3DS, what with 8x capacity on the carts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

They should just give us a Wii version already tbh.

Teferi wrote: »
    Not even Pokemon can make me buy that thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've always thought a real time (think GTA crossed with Street Fighter/Mortal Combat) would be absolutely amazing.
    I'd love to see that over a game with all the Pokémon.
    DREAM BIGGER, MAN. VIRTUAL REALITY OR A HOLOGRAPHIC THEME PARK TO REALLY GO OUT AND CATCH/BATTLE POKÉMON!!!

CianRyan wrote: »
    THEME PARK TO REALLY GO OUT AND CATCH/BATTLE POKÉMON!!!

Oh what I wouldn't give!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Teferi wrote: »

Nah, how about an XBLA or a Steam version tbh :D:D:D

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Nah, how about an XBLA or a Steam version tbh :D:D:D

Nintendo hand over one of their biggest franchises to Microsoft? Hah! Although they did release a Pokémon game on the Sega Pico...

• Advertisement

Nintendo hand over one of their biggest franchises to Microsoft? Hah! Although they did release a Pokémon game on the Sega Pico...
    Pokemon > Mario :pac:

Advertisement