Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People taking photos when you're hammered!

• 08-02-2011 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Does it bother you? I'll admit sometimes it's a pain in the @ss, at least when you know you look like a drunken fool. This happened the other night, I'm all for photos on nights out but sometimes you just think this isn't going to look good tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

whiteboy wrote: »
    I'll admit sometimes it's a pain in the @ss, at least when you know you look like a drunken fool.

Just don't let her shove the lens up that far...

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It is very annoying. Girls who bring their cameras out on a regular Saturday night should just stop it please. I always end up on someones facebook pic looking like a right gob****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Yeah - one springs to mind. Out one saturday night, drunk as a skunk of course. Was sitting upstairs in a nightclub, looking down on the dancefloor at my friends who were dancing.

It was all glass panels so lets just say there was nothing sacred. Me, in such a stupor didn't realise this, and the next morning, a picture appeared of a pair of legs, and a sneaky peak of my white underwear. Wareing the face off some guy I've never before laid eyes on. It was worse as the picture was shot "up" so it got everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

I absolutely hate having my picture taken, at all times. I've regularly confiscated my friends camera's on nights out, for their sheer taking the pissery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

I love taking pics of drunk people
    Funny-Drunk-People-Sleeping_011.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

theres a few of me absolutly polluted, looking at the camera like it was just invented.... or one of me waltzing (attempting) with somones granny at a 18th in order to get a free drink...

Yeah - one springs to mind. Out one saturday night, drunk as a skunk of course. Was sitting upstairs in a nightclub, looking down on the dancefloor at my friends who were dancing.

It was all glass panels so lets just say there was nothing sacred. Me, in such a stupor didn't realise this, and the next morning, a picture appeared of a pair of legs, and a sneaky peak of my white underwear. Wareing the face off some guy I've never before laid eyes on. It was worse as the picture was shot "up" so it got everything.

Wedding nights can be awkward alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

It is very annoying. Girls who bring their cameras out on a regular Saturday night should just stop it please. I always end up on someones facebook pic looking like a right gob****e.

Under the caption, "Have you seen this rapist?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

stevejr wrote: »
    Wedding nights can be awkward alright...
    It looks good with the tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

I absolutely hate having my picture taken, at all times. I've regularly confiscated my friends camera's on nights out, for their sheer taking the pissery.

Sometimes I just dart off and come back when the photos have been taken and it's time to do something else! Although the more you allow yourself to be photographed the more you will get used to seeing yourself.

• Advertisement

Watersports.....no thanks:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Under the caption, "Have you seen this rapist?" :D
    .....No, what...No:pac::pac:

(I usually have those cameras destroyed :cool::P:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I don't mind until I see them up on Facebook :rolleyes:

I've become a master at un-tagging :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jut set it so you cant be tagged, think you can do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tomcruiser

I airbrush all mine to perfection it's tough being a social butterfly u know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Knowing some random person I pissed off the night before has my photo isnt the most comforting for the hangover guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I absolutely hate this shit. I can't stand people that run around with cameras, shoving it in your face when you're not expecting it. The amount of times I've had to ask people to remove pictures of me from their FB's and whatever the fuck else.

Ask first ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Abi wrote: »
    I absolutely hate this shit. I can't stand people that run around with cameras, shoving it in your face when you're not expecting it. The amount of times I've had to ask people to remove pictures of me from their FB's and whatever the fuck else.

Ask first ffs.

You know, I think some people take pleasure in embarrassing others on Facebook with shít photos of them. Sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

nothing worse than been in a pub/club and aload of birds are taking pictures every two seconds like **** off get a life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Larianne wrote: »
    You know, I think some people take pleasure in embarrassing others on Facebook with shít photos of them. Sad really.

Nail on the head.

I make sure everyone knows I don't want to be in photos, but I always wind up in them and have to ask them to be taken down. You can't even enjoy your night without some camera happy twat uploading the pictures before you've even gone to the jax. Its attention seeking bullshit, and I want no part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

yea, new years eve I had a flu but went out regardless, the photos that went up on facebook the next day weren't pretty, I was like a fking vampire and my eyes were gunnered, I wasn't happy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

last one is amazing, didnt see the text you wrote and it was like where's wally :D
    now zzz time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Attention seeking geebags desperate to fill up their pathetic social network sites who don't even have the decency to ask those they take photos of is it ok to place them on the internet for thw world to see.

As revenge, I spread rumours about them having STDs.

Note the plural. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Hate this! My good mates are fairly good at taking stuff down if I text em bout particularly bad ones... not that I need to look amazin in every pic-I dont mind if theyre funny bad, but some photos on drunken nights out do NOT need to be displayed for all the world to see!
    One gal is renowned for it in our group though-youll never see a bad pic of her on facebook EVER but she will post all sorts of everyone else-including one of my mate on the loo knickers down!!-and refuse to remove it. Not cool.

Also hate when the entire night becomes a photo-op. I wanna spend the night makin memories not takin photos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Drunk ones I can deal with, it's when you're on bangers things start to get ugly, literally.

When the night's still young and the love drug's coursing through your veins and filling your soul with positive vibes, everyone around you seems beautiful to the point of glowing. But the pictures the next day reveal the truth. Chewed up lips, swinging jaws, eyes working completely independently of each other and occasionally trying to see what's going on in the back of the bearer's head - you know everyone was having the time of their lives but it just looks like they're in the throes of torment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Abi wrote: »
    Nail on the head.

I make sure everyone knows I don't want to be in photos, but I always wind up in them and have to ask them to be taken down. You can't even enjoy your night without some camera happy twat uploading the pictures before you've even gone to the jax. Its attention seeking bullshit, and I want no part of it.

exactly abi.

It's like a compulsion to fill up their Facebook page and say what a great night they had. Same people usually exaggerate how good a night is as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Ah, I don't mind, there is always the option of detag if I really hate it or whinge at a friend to take it down! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone who brings a camera to the pub is a tit!
    Facebook and all those other wankerish sites has this country so retarded it's untrue.

Does my head in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I can understand how people feel about this and on the the ocassions I take a digi camera out to use it's usually for a social occasion like a 21rst , but even then I will always ask people beforehand if they are ok with pics being taken , not to be posted any place at random , something I have always being aware of

I have sent pics by email or pm to people .But uploading straight from phone to public forums or social networks like facebook , especially if the person's unaware or pissed, is out of order .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Ah this seriously gets on my nerves. I don't see the appeal of absolutely having to whip out your camera at every possible social opportunity. Why would you want so many photos of yourself in the same generic pose but in a different outfit?

What's the point? As for people who take photo after photo of themselves, from that above-arm angle and post them all on facebook... Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Ugh. I don't mind photo whoring on occasion BUT there is one thing I loathe. My friend's girlfriend is a thin lipped b*tchbag who, for some reason, adores taking photos of me when I'm drunk or drunkenly smooching, then uploading them all over facebook. As in, stop. C*nt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

As long as they are my mates taking my photo I don't mind and vice versa. If I don't like it I will ask them to delete it. If they didn't they would be plain and simple cnuts and not my mates and they would soon be told! ;)

Got plenty drunk photos of the lads in college and they love them, they might delete them before they get employed at any computer company though :pac:
    They can detag themselves or ask me to delete whatever ones and I will.

These days I've all my photos hidden on facebook apart from the latest album to give folks a chance if they like any of themselves to tag it or whatever. After few weeks I'll set it to private like the rest.

Like uploading them to facebook as it means if my computer crashes I've them safely stored there :D

Facebook on a Sunday: "Maria has tagged 56 photos of you"

Ahhhh bollix!! :mad: :rolleyes: :o :cool: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:*

*the usual reactions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I don't mind it that much, i am drunk in probably 90% of my photos on facebook, can't get much worse than what is already there, un-tag id great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

MOG7 wrote: »
    I don't mind it that much, i am drunk in probably 90% of my photos on facebook, can't get much worse than what is already there, un-tag id great too.

I'm the exact same.

Always hate waking up on a saturday and getting that dreaded notification. Sure there's even photographers in clubs now who upload hundreds of pictures from a club night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Drunk ones I can deal with, it's when you're on bangers things start to get ugly, literally.

When the night's still young and the love drug's coursing through your veins and filling your soul with positive vibes, everyone around you seems beautiful to the point of glowing. But the pictures the next day reveal the truth. Chewed up lips, swinging jaws, eyes working completely independently of each other and occasionally trying to see what's going on in the back of the bearer's head - you know everyone was having the time of their lives but it just looks like they're in the throes of torment.

No lie, I lol'd at the image of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

I'm into photos in general, it's good to keep a record of things and have the memories to look back on but it's also plain awkward when you know it's not good picture material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

I dont see the point of doing it every single weekend a few pics yea but some people are just photo whores like 200 pictures of a normal saturday night which are the exact same as last weekends really do I care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I dont see the point of doing it every single weekend a few pics yea but some people are just photo whores like 200 pictures of a normal saturday night which are the exact same as last weekends really do I care

Sounds like ye do luv! :pac:

Just don't bother looking at them then, problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I do be still out in the pub with mates and i get a notification on my phone that i've been tagged in a photo. Open the thing up and it's from 5 fúcking minutes ago. I'd spend the night in the jacks looking in the mirror if i wanted to see myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

people who take photos will get hammered, literally. i view it as an invasion of privacy why should anwarranted moment of discomfort be immortalized forever? by a fúcking stranger, at that.

fúck cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I would ban cameras if I owned a pub / club , between fat birds taking vain pics at odd angles on dancefloors to being blinded by a flash from some bints camera when heading to the bar, I hate cameras on nights out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Camera waving dickheads **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Orla99

There is a facebook page, with Irish Embarrassing Photos - from Nights out.
    Its pictures of girls being fingered, puking drunks, arses on display and its all for a laugh. I just don't get it, when I see the pictures I whince for the people in it... not laugh at them, I feel sorry for them. Idiots for putting them up, and then idiots for being stupid enough to act that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone takes a picture of me on a night out and their camera is gonna be smashed! Tbh the people I drink with are exactly the same anyway, never seen any of them take a picture of me apart from one time when I was singing up in the local. Didn't really mind that! If photos are being taken I'm out of there quick smart!

Tbh I don't know how people run around all night taking pictures and then the next day try and tell you they had a great night out :confused:

Advertisement