Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonnen reflects on Silva Belfort outcome

• 08-02-2011 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Quote: http://www.paullazenby.com/
    CHAEL SONNEN'S REACTION TO SILVA WIN

Just minutes ago, Anderson Silva scored a stunning KO of challenger Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort to retain his UFC middleweight title. I immediately contacted former title contender and Silva nemesis Chael Sonnen for his comments. They were as follows:

"Thank you, Anderson, for revealing yet another weakness for me to exploit in our rematch. Beating that poor punching bag doesn't impress Uncle Chael, guy. You tipped your hand like a chump poker player at a $5 table in Atlantic City. You may have beaten Vitor, but in the process, you LOST your edge. By beating that husk, you gave me the last page of your playbook. Revel in your time, [because] it ENDS the night you face me. I will mow you down like autumn wheat, AGAIN."

This fella's a beaut :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Reckon someone can teach his Triangle defence in prison?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Yawn. I'm getting bored of his rubbish now. Some stuff he says is funny but most is just contrived sh!t said for effect!
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Reckon someone can teach his Triangle defence in prison?

Every Brazilian he's ever fought has submitted him. That says alot eh?

That he better hope he doesnt go to prison in Brazil? (or with Jeremy Horn?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paulo Filho didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Mellor wrote: »
    Paulo Filho didn't
    He did the 1st time.

• Advertisement

Paulo Filho didn't

He won by submission anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Paulo Filho didn't

sherdog

Loss Anderson Silva Submission (Triangle Armbar) UFC 117 - Silva vs. Sonnen 8/7/2010 5 3:10
    Win Nate Marquardt Decision (Unanimous) UFC 109 - Relentless 2/6/2010 3 5:00
    Win Yushin Okami Decision (Unanimous) UFC 104 - Machida vs. Shogun 10/24/2009 3 5:00
    Win Dan Miller Decision (Unanimous) UFC 98 - Evans vs. Machida 5/23/2009 3 5:00
    Loss Demian Maia Submission (Triangle Choke) UFC 95 - Sanchez vs. Stevenson 2/21/2009 1 2:37
    Win Paulo Filho Decision (Unanimous) WEC 36 - Faber vs. Brown 11/5/2008 3 5:00
    Win Bryan Baker Decision (Unanimous) WEC 33 - Back To Vegas 3/26/2008 3 5:00
    Loss Paulo Filho Submission (Armbar) WEC 31 - Faber vs. Curran 12/12/2007 2 4:55
    Win Kyacey Uscola TKO (Punches) SF 20 - Homecoming 10/27/2007 1 N/A
    Win Amar Suloev TKO (Punches) Bodog Fight - Alvarez vs. Lee 7/14/2007 2 3:33
    Win Tim McKenzie Submission (Brabo Choke) Bodog Fight - Costa Rica Combat 2/18/2007 1 0:13
    Win Alexey Oleinik Decision (Unanimous) Bodog Fight - USA vs. Russia 12/2/2006 3 5:00
    Win Tim Credeur TKO (Punches) Bodog Fight - To the Brink of War 8/22/2006 1 2:18
    Loss Jeremy Horn Submission (Armbar) UFC 60 - Hughes vs. Gracie 5/27/2006 2 1:17
    Win Trevor Prangley Decision (Unanimous) UFC - Ultimate Fight Night 4 4/6/2006 3 5:00
    Loss Renato Sobral Submission (Triangle Choke) UFC 55 - Fury 10/7/2005 2 1:20
    Win Tim Williams TKO (Punches) SF 11 - Rumble at the Rose Garden 7/9/2005 1 3:59
    Win Adam Ryan TKO (Punches) Euphoria - USA vs World 2/26/2005 1 3:49
    Loss Terry Martin TKO (Corner Stoppage) XFO 4 - International 12/3/2004 2 5:00
    Win Alex Stiebling Decision (Unanimous) WEC 12 - Halloween Fury 3 10/21/2004 3 5:00
    Loss Jeremy Horn Submission (Guillotine Choke) SF 6 - Battleground in Reno 9/23/2004 2 2:35
    Loss Keiichiro Yamamiya Decision (Majority) Pancrase - 2004 Neo-Blood Tournament Final 7/25/2004 3 5:00
    Loss Jeremy Horn TKO (Cut) EC 57 - Extreme Challenge 57 5/6/2004 1 3:34
    Win Justin Bailey KO (Flying Knee) ROTR - Rage on the River 4/17/2004 1 0:40
    Win Arman Gambaryan Decision (Unanimous) Euphoria - Russia vs USA 3/13/2004 3 5:00
    Win Homer Moore Decision (Unanimous) ROTR 4.5 - Proving Grounds 12/27/2003 2 5:00
    Win Greg Curnut Submission (Punches) FCFF - Rumble at the Roseland 10 12/13/2003 1 1:07
    Win Jason Lambert Decision (Unanimous) GC 20 - Gladiator Challenge 20 11/13/2003 3 5:00
    Loss Forrest Griffin Submission (Triangle Choke) IFC - Global Domination 9/6/2003 1 2:25
    Draw Akihiro Gono Draw Pancrase - Hybrid 2 2/16/2003 2 5:00
    Loss Trevor Prangley Technical Submission (Armbar) XFA 5 - Redemption 1/25/2003 1 2:49
    Win Justin Hawes TKO (Punches) UFCF - Rumble in Rochester 8/24/2002 2 4:26
    Win Jesse Ault Decision (Unanimous) RFC 1 - The Beginning 7/13/2002 3 5:00
    Win Scott Shipman Submission (Forearm Choke) Dangerzone - Caged Heat 4/13/2002 2 2:08
    Win Jesse Ault Decision (Unanimous) Dangerzone - Caged Heat 4/13/2002 2 5:00
    Win Jason Miller Decision (Unanimous) HFP 1 - Rumble on the Reservation 3/30/2002 2 5:00
    Win Ben Hailey Decision (Unanimous) BFV - Battle of Fort Vancouver 5/10/1997 1 N/A

Look at the 6th one down. :rolleyes:

Obviously i'm aware that Filho has subbed him before. But he hasn't been subbed everytime he fought a Brazilian, whuich was my point. Besides, its a joke, neither the original comment, or mine were serious, FFS

In fairness though, he didn't say he was subbed evertime, just by every Brazilian which is true.

It's cool though, Filho is submitting himself these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

Chael is starting to sound as ridiculous as Seagal if it's possible. I imagine he's just trying to keep himself in the public eye for a rematch with Silva but first he has a lot of personal stuff to sort out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Free Chael Sonnen!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I hope Chael learns some sub defence before he turns out like Coleman/Randlemann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

His trash talk is embarrassing at this stage, the guy has no credibility left and the sonnen nuthuggers are in extreme denial about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

steroids or no steroids the dude mauled anderson silva for 23 minutes

with the use of steroids, the dude mauled anderson silva for 23 minutes

FYP

"Mauled" or not, 23 minutes wasn't enough. The guy cheated, used his unfair advantage to get an upper hand in the fight, and STILL lost. Not only did he lose, he chose to submit to his opponent rather than be rendered unconcious and unable to continue to fight. So there's no 2 ways about it, he lost the fight and got what he deserved.

Drugs are bad m'kay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Chael's an interesting character alright. He's always great for a sound bit but he should really be keeping his head low. He obviously wants to keep himself in the eye of the media/fans. He should really get his personal life sorted before talking about rematches with Silva. He got caught with elevated testosterone and he could potentially be looking at a significant jail sentence but will more than likely avoid one and get a heafty fine.
    "Mauled" or not, 23 minutes wasn't enough. The guy cheated, used his unfair advantage to get an upper hand in the fight, and STILL lost.
    To be fair to him, he did back up his talk with a tough performance against Anderson. Took a few shots standing and kept in there where others have fallen. No amount of PED's can enhance your chin.
    Not only did he lose, he chose to submit to his opponent rather than be rendered unconcious and unable to continue to fight. So there's no 2 ways about it, he lost the fight and got what he deserved.

No shame in tapping. Most people do and some choose to go asleep out of refusal to tap. He tried to escape, couldn't and tapped. Anderson also had an armbar applied. If he went unconcious he could have broken his arm in the process. Better to tap and fight again another day than to be off with a lenghty injury - although he still has a lengthy lay off which could get much much longer.

His trash talk is embarrassing at this stage, the guy has no credibility left and the sonnen nuthuggers are in extreme denial about him.
    I still find it quite funny. If you're referring to me, I'm not a nuthugger, I just like the guy. Please take your "nuthugging" talk back to Sherdog please..

And with all the talk about PEDs, they're not a miracle pill, you still have to put in the work.. Chael did that and pounded on Anderson for 23 minutes, more than I've ever seen anyone do. I believe he could've done it with or without PEDs, but meh, that's a different thread entirely..

I found the piece to be pretty funny, I'm starting to wonder if he has a team of writers who come up with this stuff :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I believe he could've done it with or without PEDs,

Lose to Anderson? Yes probably.

Lose to Anderson? Yes probably.
    obvious-troll-is-obvious-i2768.jpg

But no, I meant do something nobody else has seemed to do, beat up Anderson Silva for 23 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I still find it quite funny. If you're referring to me, I'm not a nuthugger, I just like the guy. Please take your "nuthugging" talk back to Sherdog please..

In all fairness, you are a complete nuthugger. With all this Free Chael Sonnen stuff anyway. I know because I have hugged the nuts of many fighters before.

• Advertisement

All this "he could've done it without PEDs" business is rubbish.

So Chael out-wrestled Anderson, big deal.

Anderson won the fight. End of story!

Shazbot wrote: »
    No shame in tapping. Most people do and some choose to go asleep out of refusal to tap. He tried to escape, couldn't and tapped. Anderson also had an armbar applied. If he went unconcious he could have broken his arm in the process. Better to tap and fight again another day than to be off with a lenghty injury - although he still has a lengthy lay off which could get much much longer.

Exactly, and I never said there was shame in tapping.

But the fact that he tapped, the fact that he sai "Right, you've won! Don't break my arm/put me to sleep etc, you win the fight. I give up" and then afterwards to keep flapping his lip and for his "fans" to make out as if he won the fight or something is ridiculous!

In all fairness, you are a complete nuthugger. With all this Free Chael Sonnen stuff anyway. I know because I have hugged the nuts of many fighters before.
    In what way am I a nuthugger? And what fighters have I nuthugged? :confused:
    All this "he could've done it without PEDs" business is rubbish.

So Chael out-wrestled Anderson, big deal.

Anderson won the fight. End of story!

Indeed, I just said Chael was beating him for the first 23 minutes. In the end, Silva won.
    his "fans" to make out as if he won the fight or something is ridiculous!

I never made out he won, just that he did something we've never seen before.

I never made out he won, just that he did something we've never seen before.

And even more impresive was that Silva was able to show the heart of a champion and come back in a manner in which we've rarely seen!

And even more impresive was that Silva was able to show the heart of a champion and come back in a manner in which we've rarely seen!

Pfft, everyone knows that was all down to Steven Seagal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

The term "nut hugging/nut hugger" needs to be banned from this forum. Seriously. Can we add it to the charter?

seadnamac wrote: »
    The term "nut hugging/nut hugger" needs to be banned from this forum. Seriously. Can we add it to the charter?

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

then afterwards to keep flapping his lip and for his "fans" to make out as if he won the fight or something is ridiculous!

This is extremely frustrating alright. He came close and lost, and everyone found slot of respect for chael and we saw he could back up his talk. But then to be shamed by a positive drug test really diminished that performance. He needs to learn when to stay silent.

You're spot on about is fans. They would also do well to stop drawing attention to the fight since it was fought under the influence of PEDs. No their not magic pills but they're called performance enhancing for a reason.

The amount of people waffling on about PEDs and steroids is funny. Especially most of things people are saying never actually happened.
    Shazbot wrote: »
    You're spot on about is fans. They would also do well to stop drawing attention to the fight since it was fought under the influence of PEDs. No their not magic pills but they're called performance enhancing for a reason.

Would it be better if we called them HRT, hormone replacement therapy (like an old lady takes for the menopause), becasue that's what actual caused his failed test.

• Advertisement

Would it be better if we called them HRT, hormone replacement therapy (like an old lady takes for the menopause), becasue that's what actual caused his failed test.

Says Sonnen. In fact, the testosterone levels still far exceeded the levels he would've had if he had been having such treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

steroids or no steroids the dude mauled anderson silva for 23 minutes

Mauled him. He done absolutely no damage and was only able to hold him down for four and a bit rounds, no doubt aided by those steroids you mademlight of.

Seriously, why is this cheat still in the UFC.

el dude wrote: »
    Mauled him. He done absolutely no damage and was only able to hold him down for four and a bit rounds, no doubt aided by those steroids you mademlight of.

Seriously, why is this cheat still in the UFC.

He's not. His contract has been suspended.

Says Sonnen. In fact, the testosterone levels still far exceeded the levels he would've had if he had been having such treatment.

sorry, you misunderstood me. i'm not trying to justify what he did.

I fully believe he cheated.
    In fact, what i believe is.
    He found out his balls aren't up to scratch,
    So his doctor puts him on HRT,
    He sees this as an opportunity, and ups the doseage for a test increase above normal*, has better trains due to this increase (and not the actualy drugs).
    Thinks he is in the clear as he as a note for his doctor, he even mentions it before hand so he can play the "I wasn't hiding anything card"

*this is cheating.

For somebody on HRT, where they might be tested, not monitoring there own T levels is stupid. Even at regualr dose, you could have spiked levels, ignorance is no excuse.

My previous psot was just in response to all the people who have basically no idea what he was doing, or what the drugs do.

Advertisement