Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I post new thread on AH again

• 08-02-2011 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I've been asked to not post new threads in AH till March (I forget the date, near the end of the month I think). But I would like to be able to post new threads now, I have a good idea of what is allowed now too.
    I tried to pm the mod who gave me the ban.....I think it was super someone, I again forget the exact name :o.
    Anyways, it's been weeks now since I've made a thread because I've followed the rules :D
    Can we remove this ban or at least shorten it. :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

If you have been asked by an AH mod, not to post a thread till March then why not oblige the request?

I don't see a need for this thread here, tbh.

You are not banned/infracted.

Try a pm to the mod in question.

You know AHs very well, so when you say super someone I tend to think you are trolling here.

Send super-rush a Pm, and if you get no satisfaction then pm a C-Mod of AHs.

You will find their names at the bottom of AHs on the right hand side, under the Mods names.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Hot Lips wrote: »
    If you have been asked by an AH mod, not to post a thread till March then why not oblige the request?

I don't see a need for this thread here, tbh.

You are not banned/infracted.

Try a pm to the mod in question.

You know AHs very well, so when you say super someone I tend to think you are trolling here.

Send super-rush a Pm, and if you get no satisfaction then pm a C-Mod of AHs.

You will find their names at the bottom of AHs on the right hand side, under the Mods names.
    I'm not trolling I'm serious, I just forgot their user name! . I have pmed Super Rush 2 or 3 times now, and no reply. Someone else has told me I'm not banned on the feedback forum. I don't know what to do now, this is becoming ridiculously complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Alright, I'll take your word for it that you are not trolling.

super-rush has not been around for a few days, so I would say that's the reason you didn't receive a reply to your Pm's.

You are not banned from AHs as you know, sure you were posting away on Sunday.

You are banned from starting anymore threads for a specific time.

I'm sure super-rush will get back to you on this when he reads your Pm's and this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sorry for the delay in replying to this and the one pm you sent me about this.

In the original pm that i sent to you i said
    The decision we have come to is that we are asking you not to start any more threads in After Hours for the next two months(March 18th)

and
    You're not being banned from posting just from starting threads but please don't put up posts asking people to start threads on your behalf.

I don't think i could have explained it any clearer to you.

Regarding your request to lift the ban on starting threads i'll consder it at a later date after talking with the rest of the AH mods.

super-rush wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in replying to this and the one pm you sent me about this.

In the original pm that i sent to you i said

and

I don't think i could have explained it any clearer to you.

Regarding your request to lift the ban on starting threads i'll consder it at a later date after talking with the rest of the AH mods.
    :) Ok, I'm happy enough with that.
    How about 18th of February, half way....:confused:
    I don't want to post many threads, there has just been times when I wanted to post something and I haven't been able to.
    You can delete me if I post any spam.

• Advertisement

Did you talk with the mods yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'm going to mark this as Resolved, and close it.

The reason is that there's a dialogue ongoing between user and Mod here. This forum is supposed to be for cases where that dialogue has ended, and failed to produce results (from the poster's perspective)

TT - its not unreasonable for the mods to take a few days to discuss this. Don't expect answers straight away.

If this becomes an issue again, PM me and I'll re-open the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement