Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Hamper/care package from Ireland to the states

Options
  • 08-02-2011 4:37am

Hi guys,

I have a friend in the states that lived in Ireland for a couple of years. It's her birthday soon, so I want to surprise her with a food hamper/care package. I'm trying to find out what I can't send from here, but my searches are ending up empty.

I was thinking of sending her:
    Chocolate
    Jaffa Cakes
    Crisps
    Tea (obv!)
    Shortbread biscuits

Now, she was a massive fan of Bulmers, if I packed it carefully, could I send her a couple of cans?

Thanks for all your help,

Papa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Not allowed to send alcohol.

Is there somewhere online I can check out the can and can'ts of sending stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

For the US part, it is here: http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub52/welcome.htm Ireland may have different rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a friend in the states that lived in Ireland for a couple of years. It's her birthday soon, so I want to surprise her with a food hamper/care package. I'm trying to find out what I can't send from here, but my searches are ending up empty.

I was thinking of sending her:
    Chocolate
    Jaffa Cakes
    Crisps
    Tea (obv!)
    Shortbread biscuits

Now, she was a massive fan of Bulmers, if I packed it carefully, could I send her a couple of cans?

Thanks for all your help,

Papa

You could try send stuff from foodireland.com

Advertisement