Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Pressure Problems?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I live in the Park and over the past few weeks the water pressure keeps dropping on the boiler (Glo Worm) to 0.6. Although I increase the pressure through the valve in the hot press it continues to happen. I have done this about every second day over the last couple of weeks.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Mine has been at 0.6 for the past few years. Have increased through the valve a number of times but it drops back to 0.6 almost by the next day. When the heating is on it climbs a bit.
    We have not had any problems over the last 5 years with our heating even though the pressure shows at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

My boiler won't kick off at this pressure. The red warning light starts flashing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

caji wrote: »
    My boiler won't kick off at this pressure. The red warning light starts flashing...

Just check that the pressure safety valve is not leaking causing the pressure to drop. Check the blow off pipe outside and see if there is a drip there. The cause of pressure dropping is a leak somewhere in the system. First place to check is the pressure safety valve .

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

We had the same problem with our boiler. Bord Gais came out to service ours and they said it was to do with the expansion vessel. He did some work on it and it is working fine now.

Problem was the expansion vessel. Had a plumber out to fix. All sorted now thanks! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

We have Bord Gais coming to look at ours tomorrow....
    Sounds like the same problem alright..
    Would a plumber be better doing this job or should i stick with the gas man...??

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I wouldn't let a plumber near my gas boiler if he wasn't RGII'd!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

We have Bord Gais coming to look at ours tomorrow....
    Sounds like the same problem alright..
    Would a plumber be better doing this job or should i stick with the gas man...??

Thanks..

The problem can be fixed through the gas boiler or in the hot press. My plumber sorted it in the hot press. Did a great job - all sorted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Thanks...

Gas man is on his way...

I was hoping a plumber could have done it as since I've ever lived here the hot water tap in the kitchen has very low pressure..

Advertisement