Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Slashing Steward Numbers in Aviva...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

maximoose wrote: »

Still a huge difference. Stupidly the FAI opened the whole stadium on Tuesday night, whereas last night it was just the lower tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

At the game I did not see a huge reaction by the stewards, which is a bit worrying. It was a long time before I saw any stewards getting close to them.I think the stewards near them were focusing on "their" job which meant staying in position and presumably there are others that are more free moving. I thought they would have improved their reactions after the Russian game.

Was just going to mention the poor reactions of the stewards at the Russia game (on two occasions?) That chap got at the players too and had come from the away end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

maximoose wrote: »

I was only 3 and half thousand off on the aggregate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

So what that link says is that the Gah have taken no action whatosever against these louts.

The Gardaí have passed on a file to the DPP, 7 months later.

In contrast, when a fan got onto the pitch at a Shamrock Rovers game about 18 months ago and sqaured up to a player, he was arrested, immediatly banned from all LoI games for life and was in court on the Monday morning.

Enough said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So what that link says is that the Gah have taken no action whatosever against these louts.

The Gardaí have passed on a file to the DPP, 7 months later.

In contrast, when a fan got onto the pitch at a Shamrock Rovers game about 18 months ago and sqaured up to a player, he was arrested, immediatly banned from all LoI games for life and was in court on the Monday morning.

Enough said.

You said that no legal action had been taken. Wrong again.

You said that no legal action had been taken. Wrong again.

What? No legal action has been taken. Passing a file to the DPP is not legal action.

But the question remains, why have the Gah taken NO action at all in relation to these louts?

What? No legal action has been taken. Passing a file to the DPP is not legal action.

But the question remains, why have the Gah taken NO action at all in relation to these louts?
    It is understood that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has recommended that up to three prosecutions

Dont know what the **** the Gah is so cant answer

Dont know what the **** the Gah is so cant answer

So we agree. No legal action has happened. Good.

The GAA then if you want to play smartarse. Why have they done nothing over the incident?

So we agree. No legal action has happened. Good.

The GAA then if you want to play smartarse. Why have they done nothing over the incident?

No we don't agree. What do you mean by legal action?

I honestly don't know why the GAA havent doen anything yet. It's just not good enough at this stage.

• Advertisement

Legal action is generally the bit after the Garda investigation whent he courts are brought into it.

Its worth noting that they are being investigated for affray and the likes. Not assault or tresspass, as the Gah have not instigated any charges.
    I honestly don't know why the GAA havent doen anything yet. It's just not good enough at this stage.

Fair enough. Why the jigs and the reels to get to that point?

Legal action is generally the bit after the Garda investigation whent he courts are brought into it.

Its worth noting that they are being investigated for affray and the likes. Not assault or tresspass, as the Gah have not instigated any charges.

Well who are you blaming for the dealy in this coming to court??

Fair enough. Why the jigs and the reels to get to that point?

I don't get this. I have never condoned the kind of thuggery witnessed in this case. When it comes to GAA issues, i'll take each one on its merits and not wade in like you.

Well who are you blaming for the dealy in this coming to court??

I'm not 'blaming' anyone, just noting that when there is an incident at football the perpetrators are dealt with instantly. Whether that is the gardaí of the FAI pushing hard is anyones guess.

I don't get this. I have never condoned the kind of thuggery witnessed in this case. When it comes to GAA issues, i'll take each one on its merits and not wade in like you.

I waded in correctly though. The Gah have questions to answer as to why these guys have not been disciplined if they are Gah members or banned from Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I promised myself I'd stay out of this from here on in, but the GAA have actually started an investigation but are awaiting the conclusion of legal action. I quoted in one of my posts (and again below for handiness) from the article where they specifically mention the GAA's investigation. That is a pretty normal routine in such cases. All such cases are a GAA/Gardaí joint effort. As to why it has taken so long, it is much more difficult to track numerous people in an on-field celebration than when one guy runs onto the pitch.
    The GAA have conducted their own investigation into the incidents but have been waiting for the Garda investigation to be completed

Anyway, no surprise to see who is involved in this thread becoming yet another you against us, GAA and soccer big willy contest. Which is the most pointless, childish thing imaginable. Mainly because...gasp..some people enjoy both and attend/play many different codes.

I promised myself I'd stay out of this from here on in, but the GAA have actually started an investigation but are awaiting the conclusion of legal action. I quoted in one of my posts (and again below for handiness) from the article where they specifically mention the GAA's investigation. That is a pretty normal routine in such cases. All such cases are a GAA/Gardaí joint effort. As to why it has taken so long, it is much more difficult to track numerous people in an on-field celebration than when one guy runs onto the pitch.

Is it though? No other sport waits that long to deal with miscreants. Surely the behaviour of the fan who attacked a referee warrants sanction from within the GAA regardless of whether the Gardaí decide to prosecute him or not?

We aren't talking about numerous people. We are talking about two people clearly identifable as attacking the ref and opposition players.
    Anyway, no surprise to see who is involved in this thread becoming yet another you against us, GAA and soccer big willy contest. Which is the most pointless, childish thing imaginable. Mainly because...gasp..some people enjoy both and attend/play many different codes.

I'm not turning it into anything. I'm fully aware that people follow numerous sports, as do I.

The point I am making is that there is no particular culture of crowd misbehaviour in Ireland. Some incidents happen on occasion in most sports. But if you were to listen to the media and some posters on here, only football has the problem. Not true. But the core difference is that if you go onto a pitch at a football game you are arrested, banned and inevitibly charged and have a court hearing very soon after the event. Yet for some reason in the GAA they never seem to get around to actually dealing with the troublemakers, and last summer there was an incident practically every weekend where fans attacked players, referees or club officials.

Have these Louth men even been punished at club level? If not, why not?

Now its fundamentally their business to run their shop how they see fit. But I do object to Gah heads digging out headlines of football fans getting lashed in court as evidence that there is a culture of thuggery they don't have. When in fact the difference is that Gah patrons never face sanction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

OhNoYouDidnt - I think you're having the same argument in 3 different threads, fair play for your persistance haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

whocares86 brought Gah stewarding into it. Like a lot in GahGah land, he has a misty eyed view thats not the truth. I merely corrected him.

I don't disagree with you on the substantive. There seems to be a culture in Ireland that some fans think they can go onto the park. Thankfully this is less prevelant in civilised sports like football and rugby.

...are you arguing that soccer hasn't gotten a history of hooliganism, pitch invasion and thuggery? :pac:

You amuse me so much ONYD. Yet another tin-foil hat wearing hardcore sports fan who genuinely believes his sport is morally superior and that there is a conspiracy involving the media that is out to destroy his sport and empower other ones. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

whocares86 brought Gah stewarding into it. Like a lot in GahGah land, he has a misty eyed view thats not the truth. I merely corrected him.
    and look down on the bogballers and stick swingers and their cultural nationalist bull.

Two genuine laughs out loud :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its these kind of threads that really put me off this forum. Pathetic stuff. People cant have a reasonable debate without loudmouths coming in to denegrate another sport for the sake of it.

The "gah" thing I find hilarious, people actually putting in a "h" rather than double tapping the "a" on the keyboard as a means to insult another sport. It is something I might expect to find with children but not adults.

Advertisement