Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on amplifier for BOSE HE system

• 08-02-2011 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Currently in our open plan living area (about 40sqm) we have our large flat screen tv, blue ray dvd player and i have also got 5 BOSE speakers (3 on wall around tv and 2 in ceiling) and a BOSE subwoofer.

However, we have yet to connect up the BOSE surround sound system, as i need to get an amplifier.

Can anyone advise on what requirements i'd need in an amp, i've looked at peats.ie and to be honest i dont know what i'm looking for, all i'm interested in is a decent quality amp so we can finally get our surround sound system working (maybe with an ipod dock if thats not too expensive an addition)

all advise welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

bamboozle wrote: »
    Hi All,

Currently in our open plan living area (about 40sqm) we have our large flat screen tv, blue ray dvd player and i have also got 5 BOSE speakers (3 on wall around tv and 2 in ceiling) and a BOSE subwoofer.

However, we have yet to connect up the BOSE surround sound system, as i need to get an amplifier.

Can anyone advise on what requirements i'd need in an amp, i've looked at peats.ie and to be honest i dont know what i'm looking for, all i'm interested in is a decent quality amp so we can finally get our surround sound system working (maybe with an ipod dock if thats not too expensive an addition)

all advise welcome!
    Denon and Onkyo tend to be the benchmark players in the AV receiver range. Depending on your budget, I'd recommend the Denon 1911, Richersounds have a fantastic price on this Amp. You'd need to talk to one of their guys regarding how it'll pair with the Bose speakers though.

Advertisement