Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple helpdesk DIT

Options
  • 08-02-2011 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all!

If its okay with the mods, I was hoping to set up a Apple helpdesk here for DIT students and Staff where people could post up their queries, tech questions or generally banter about Apple products

You may or may not be aware that DIT gets a discount on Apple products too, just go to DIT.ie and search 'Apple' to find the store...no login required but mainly my job is after sales service. I can also get discounted repairs for Apple products too if needs be!

So if anyone out there would like any questions answered Just post up a reply or alternatively shoot me an email on aoc.dit@me.com or search 'DIT Apple on Campus' on Facebook!

Talk to you all later!

Eoghan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 AppleDIT

Im in Kevin street foyer from now until noon today if anyone wants to ask me anything!

Congrats to ross o neil winner of our itunes voucher competition!

Just so you know, I do run the odd competition when i get my hands on prizes through the facebook page 'dit apple on campus' so become a fan people!

Also some Apple rumour mill for you ...Ipad 2 due out next 2/3 months, Iphone 5 summer 2011! MAYBE...they dont tell me anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

can you get discounts for HP Envy series laptops ? :)

nooooooooooooo:eek: Shocked you would ask me such things :)

dit.ie - search 'apple' few clicks and your on your way to getting a discounted Mac though!

Hey all,

will be in bolton street today postering and fliering about the place!

also, if anyone fancys having my job working for the most admired company in the world, for next year (il be well emigrated by then!)

send your CV to aoc.dit@me.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

AppleDIT wrote: »

dit.ie - search 'apple' few clicks and your on your way to getting a discounted Mac though!

I can't get Internet Explorer to run for my MAC. I downloaded the internet too, but internet explorer won't open it. I clicked many links along the way. I only had to put in a small amount of information, but now my Mac wheel isn't spinning anymore. What the hell, I thought MACS were supposed to be better than Windows, yet they can't even run the internet through Internet Explorer:mad:

Got this from an online search...

Internet Explorer for Mac
    was Microsoft's free web browser designed to run on Mac computers. While you can still download Internet Explorer it is important to note that the product is no longer supported by Microsoft. Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer for Mac on December 31st, 2005, and does not provide further security or performance updates. Since the browser is no longer designed to handle the requirements of most modern web pages, we strongly advise you to try Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera instead..

If you downloaded internet explorer from a third party website like softtonic etc , its not the official updated version of anything its just freeware. If you cant download IE from microsoft.com then they dont support it anymore!

Go with another browser!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

AppleDIT wrote: »

No offense but surely students wishing to get a student discounted windows laptop should be possible, I'm sure the previous poster was just inquiring of who to contact to get such discounts, it would be an educated guess a DIT student deal promoter should know such info

Nick

ah yes yes, doubt it but here ya go anyways i

well I know there isnt any other Computer reps in DIT no specific 'DIT' computer discounts, theres an apple education store but buying through the DIT apple store gets more of a discount

google 'laptops for students' chief - discounted PCs , seen a few posters about earlier in the year for em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

why do i not see any i3's there??

• Advertisement

Dont even go to that place "Laptops for Students"

Their selling overpriced crap there. You could really get a better pc in Elara.ie or PC World or "Click" store if you have a student travel card you can also avail a student laptop :)

I can honestly say i would love a Mac. But feck all stuff works with it due to low marketshare and low developer interest alot of stuff you would expect to work on Windows simply wont work on a mac.

I love the overpriced identical hardware and design. But the OSx is the biggest downfall of it.

Dont even go to that place "Laptops for Students"

Their selling overpriced crap there. You could really get a better pc in Elara.ie or PC World or "Click" store if you have a student travel card you can also avail a student laptop :)

I can honestly say i would love a Mac. But feck all stuff works with it due to low marketshare and low developer interest alot of stuff you would expect to work on Windows simply wont work on a mac.

I love the overpriced identical hardware and design. But the OSx is the biggest downfall of it.

I think Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux would fit the bill. You aren't paying for overpriced black box Apple only software. You could install either one on any bog standard x86 machine. I would sooner go with a Windows 7 machine over a Mac mind you.

I like Ubuntu. Its fast. The UI is meh. Its like a bit of OSx and a bit of Windows. But lack of driver support and and again program incompatibility is the one reason i will never switch to mac or linux

I like Ubuntu. Its fast. The UI is meh. Its like a bit of OSx and a bit of Windows. But lack of driver support and and again program incompatibility is the one reason i will never switch to mac or linux

These are perfectly valid reasons for not using either. I have to say, Windows tends to have far, far better 3D support. The OSS ati drivers are worse than the nouveau ones despite the fact the latter are reverse engineered :\

Can we get discounts for iPads? :)

Can we get discounts for iPads? :)

hey dude, unfortunately apple havnt let the ipad become more 'student friendly' by discounted it along with its macs,

new one is released march 24th, although youve probably heard,

honest opinion, I though the first one was a bit bland and nothing real new, like the look of the new one though! faster processors, better graphics and lighter too!

also for the lad who was asking about the i processors, new macbook pro was released there week and a half ago, all come with i5 as standard, before it was just the 15inchers...

anyone want anymore info just drop a reply below!

Well the iPad 2 isn't anything special. Only great thing about it is that it has a good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

How can I get the new email system to work on my iPod touch?? I log in then before I can even get to my inbox, it tells me that my session has expired.

Advertisement