Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Ballinderreen

Options
  • 08-02-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, i'm moving to Galway with my family soon and plan to live in the county. At the moment i'm thinking of Ballinderreen on the road to Kinvara. Any thoughts on what its like? especially one of the housing estates there??

Thanks for any advice....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Driven past it and it looks quiet. Supposedly good for trad sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

i know a few people in ballindereen. It is a nice place, not too far away from "life" but still quiet. The housing estates are nice, some lovely houses but I know some of the estates have water and lighting problems (ie street lights) because they weren't finished properly, so make sure you know the situation you are moving to. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FWilson

biko wrote: »
    Driven past it and it looks quiet. Supposedly good for trad sessions.

Where would the trad sessions be, do you know? Haven't found any yet but then one of the pubs is closed and I think it was the one that was good for music.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In O'Connor's but maybe Jordan's has something now.
    Haven't been there in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FWilson

biko wrote: »
    In O'Connor's but maybe Jordan's has something now.
    Haven't been there in years.

Ah, cheers. It's O'Connor's that's shut, don't know why though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HisHoliness

Hi

Its a good village. Quiet and close to the city. Lot of new families moved in over the last few years and if the kids are into sports they will love it. New parish multi sports development phase 1 underway now at moment.
    New estates are well laid out and never a spot of trouble in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Its not a bad place - not too far from the city and near the burren in clare.Petrol station was set up in last 2 years so you can pop in for your milk and bread.Kinvara is nearby but oh my god the state of the road between Ballindereen and Kinvara - its a disgrace!!!The road into galway from Balindereen is fine.Wish the council did up that road into kinvara before the tourist season - it just seems to be getting worse with tourist bus traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Keep a look out for the Hidden Dip though...

Advertisement