Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool in Carraroe?

Options
  • 07-02-2011 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

is there a pool in carraroe?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No. Its a tiny place. Population about 400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Haha it aint quiet that small. Its a lovely village but relying on public transport would be a real pain. I have lived there and went to school there. Reccession has hit it bad and so is much quieter but it really would be an excellent place to do your studies. Alot of people swim daily though at the beautiful local beaches. All year round. Get on your bike and you will be plenty fit exploring the area. :) If you need any other help pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Pat4780 wrote: »
    is there a pool in carraroe?thanks

Closest pool would be in Galway City, the sea would be a tad cold this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Haha it aint quiet that small. Its a lovely village but relying on public transport would be a real pain. I have lived there and went to school there. Reccession has hit it bad and so is much quieter but it really would be an excellent place to do your studies. Alot of people swim daily though at the beautiful local beaches. All year round. Get on your bike and you will be plenty fit exploring the area. :) If you need any other help pm me.

Sounds like a political response to a question when in fact there is no swimming pool in Carraroe. As GerardKeating said, the nearest is probably Leisureland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The closest pool is in the Connemara Coast Hotel in Furbo.

No idea what it's like but the gym membership seemed expensive to me, although that was a while back.

There was an outdoor pool in Carraroe, on the grounds of Carraroe Hotel, but it was filled-in a number of years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

LOL what is with the studies & cycling response??? OP only asked if there was a pool there :-)

sealgaire wrote: »
    LOL what is with the studies & cycling response??? OP only asked if there was a pool there :-)

I gave him some input. That ok with you a mhac? Thought it might be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

There are over 400 national or secondary school age children in Carraroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

there is a massive pool on the right hand side as you enter village but i think its oily at the moment

lezza wrote: »
    there is a massive pool on the right hand side as you enter village but i think its oily at the moment

lol very true!

• Advertisement

There are over 400 national or secondary school age children in Carraroe.

Very true there were over 100 pupils in my year alone so where ever the other guy got his numbers from he may need to recheck!

Advertisement