Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Req: Tape to attatch clothes to upper breast post surgery?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

posting on behalf of my sister in law. She had breast cancer this last year, all treatment done, excllenet results, surgery consisted of large lumpectomy rather than maesectomy.

She has just returned to work, which involves bending and spending time in close proximity to people and is concious that, at times, you can see her breast & the scarring / irregular shape after her surgery.

Is there a skin tape - something maybe double sided - that you could attach one side to your skin and the other would stick to your clothing, just to keep the top more secure in that area?

All help very much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bidd

Hi, there is a product know as "T*t Tape" which my daughter has used. It can usually be bought in lingerie shops. I'm not sure if the main department stores would have it. This could irritate her scarring though. The Irish Cancer Society may have more info on this. Worth a call http://www.cancer.ie/

B

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingerie_tape
    Lingerie tape, also known as cleavage tape, fashion tape and tit tape, is a double-sided adhesive tape, used to secure the edges of a strapless dress or top to the cleavage or side of the breasts or on shoulders to secure bra straps from slipping, in order to keep the item of clothing in place and to avoid a wardrobe malfunction. It may also be referred to as toupee tape or wig tape, a similar double-sided tape intended for a different function (securing a hairpiece or merkin)
    Better off looking in the fashion & appearance forum for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Thanks guys - located it on Amazon and dispatched. We'll have a bit of 'fashion-make&do' when it arrives! Thanks for your help x

Advertisement