Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars broken into Mornington Beach

Options
  • 08-02-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Have posted this in the Meath forum as well, but there's probably a good few south Drogheda residents that walk on Mornington as well.

Parked down on Mornington Beach yesterday afternoon to take the dog for a walk, came back to find my car broken into and handbag taken from the boot. Not only did they take a screwdriver to the car, when that didn't work they smashed the rear window.

I had put the bag in the boot from within the car rather than opening the boot, but somebody was obviously watching me closely even though I had looked about, turned the car and there didn't seem to be anybody about bar one other car parked well over 100 metres away.

Anyhow, went into the texaco garage just beside the road down to the beach and the girl behind the till told me that I was about the fourth or fifth person within a couple of weeks that it's happened to!

So just be vigilant, don't let the scumbags get away with it, even by sitting in the car for an extra minute or two, they will watch and think you're concealing something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Clogherhead and Seapoint beach car parks have been notorious for this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

Ah cr*p, what are we to do now to avoid this, leave the boot open? :rolleyes:

PS: until I figure some sort of a trap - super glue, electric shock or chop the hand off or ... hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Was onto the gardai in Laytown, they know it's happening and have been patrolling the are but have yet to catch the scum in the act. Apparantly they are hiding up in the dunes with binoculars and taking every opportunity they can get.

One woman had an identical incident to mine, but put her bag into her car at her house. They saw a woman get out of a car and obviously thought there might be something in the car and hit the jackpot. :mad:

The gardai said the only thing to do was not park at the beach, leave the car up towards the main road closer to the garage where the passing traffic and pedestrians would keep them at bay.

Advertisement