Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Preganant

Options
  • 08-02-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my partner have been trying for a baby, I came off the pill a couple of months ago and we have just been trying without thinking about dates of ovulation etc.
    My period came last Monday (2 days early) and I had very, very bad cramps which made me feel sick. My flow was normal but didnt last as long as a period normally would for me. I finished my period on Thursday-Friday and now today (Tuesday) I am having cramps and some show of blood (light pink). I have read a bit about this implantation bleeding but dont fully understand it... I took a test last month when my period was 2 days late and it showed negative, I dont know when would be the best time to take another test. I want to know if I am pregnant but dont want to be dissapointed at the same time... Any advice welcome.. I have never experienced something like this before (the cramps and blood after my period) we also had sex on Sat - could this be implantation? and if so when can I test to be sure I am getting an accurate result.. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

It's impossible for us to tell you whether you are or not, sorry! Every woman's cycle is different. However, if you are anything like me, 4 days of normal flow is, well, normal, and ovulation wouldn't normally occur on what would have been day 6 of your cycle. But anything is possible, all you can do is wait and see. You can get early pregnancy predictor kits, I've never used one so can't advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

What cat said...

You've also only recently come off the pill and it can take a while for your cycle to get back to normal after that.

If the post menstrual cramps and bleeding become a recurring thing you should probably see your doctor, just to be on the safe side.

Advertisement