Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stacking

Options
  • 08-02-2011 1:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Out tomorrow, but the art style / Double Fine (who knocked it out of the park with Costume Quest) has me sold already :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Thought it was gonna be a post about the clowns who jump onto winning teams in BF etc :P

But with regards to the game, i can't work out what the premise is or the point. I'll look into it more now though as the art style and visuals got me and could be a laugh :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SeantheMan wrote: »
    But with regards to the game, i can't work out what the premise is or the point. I'll look into it more now though as the art style and visuals got me and could be a laugh :)

Hard to tell exactly how it will play, but the hints look fun and inventive. Definitely looking like the type of concept suited to a downloadable game though - a quirky, innovative idea that may have had trouble sustaining a full retail release. But can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Also apparently it's going to be free on PSN+, for anyone who is into that sort of thing.

Edit: review from the guardian here, they seem to like it even if they aren't the most established gaming critics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Where did you hear that it's free on PS+?
    I saw this on the Xbox a few weeks ago and thought it looked great.
    Even better if it's free.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that it's free on PS+?

On the EU PSN+ blog,
    Posted on 2 February, 2011 at 3:33 pm by James Thorpe
    Hi, yes, stacking is coming to Plus on the 9th of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have PSN+ so I'll give it a go. Otherwise I think I would have passed on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looks weird and interesting, if its free ill give it a trial.

Good find, thought it might be like Tumble

Can anyone confirm this is up on the store today. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can anyone confirm this is up on the store today. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight.

Just added it to my 360 download queue so definitely out today. I don't have PSN+, and they usually don't update the store until mid-afternoon, but will check it out later and see if it's up, no reason to doubt it though!

Just added it to my 360 download queue so definitely out today. I don't have PSN+, and they usually don't update the store until mid-afternoon, but will check it out later and see if it's up, no reason to doubt it though!

Coolio!

Played through the first level and a half there, absolutely fantastic stuff. Inventive, funny and fun - what you'd expect from Double Fine. Lots of stuff to do - especially in the second level. Loving the varied abilities - the useless but hilarious ones are the best ('Insult Patrons' is a personal favourite). Art style is glorious, the old silent movie aesthetic and influences charming. One of the most colourful, entertaining games I've played in a while.

• Advertisement

Played through the first level and a half there, absolutely fantastic stuff. Inventive, funny and fun - what you'd expect from Double Fine. Lots of stuff to do - especially in the second level. Loving the varied abilities - the useless but hilarious ones are the best ('Insult Patrons' is a personal favourite). Art style is glorious, the old silent movie aesthetic and influences charming. One of the most colourful, entertaining games I've played in a while.

Sounds great can't wait to get home now.

Have you had to fart to empty a room yet?
    Yah! farting in a game.

Sounds great can't wait to get home now.

Have you had to fart to empty a room yet?
    Yah! farting in a game.

Flatulence is a possible solution to at least one puzzle so far :pac:

you won't want one of these then.

http://www.scentsciences.com/products.html :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Downloading this now. Looks interesting.

A little warning to PS+ users, there's a few people on the EU forums saying that Stacking is free for one day only. Don't know how true this is but I'm not taking any chances.

Edit: On the blog it says it's 100% discount on the day of launch. So get downloading lads or you'll miss out.

As it turns out I'm pretty stupid:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got an A on 1up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Got it "free" with Playstation plus yesterday, love it so far, very original and has that classic Tim Schafer comedy :D

Oh and the music is fantastic too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just got it there this afternoon. Bags of personality and a lot of fun. Multiple ways to solve each puzzle too, most of which are quite funny!

Just got it there this afternoon. Bags of personality and a lot of fun. Multiple ways to solve each puzzle too, most of which are quite funny!

Yeah, have spent a few hours playing and only got past the first two levels so distracted I get by the diversions and multiple solutions!

Hell, even sometimes when your master plan fails to solve objective it can be a laugh. Vomit in the caviar in an attempt to destroy it, for example, and the chef simply proclaims "What's a little extra taste between friends" and keeps stirring :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Looks cool, but yet another console exclusive. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Love it, quirky, stylish, music is fantastic.

Played the first two levels, great to find multiple ways of doing things.
    Very inventive !!

How much is it if you dont have PS+ ?

Advertisement