Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 5 series E60 query - Assist, connectedDrive, TMC

Options
  • 08-02-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Does anyone know if any or all of the following work in Ireland for a BMW 5 series E60 2009? Looking to bring one in from the UK. Would I need to register or make any changes or would it just work straight away?

- BMW ConnectedDrive-Assist
    - BMW ConnectedDrive-Online
    - TMC - I don't think this is available in IRL yet?

The features aren't too important for me, just curious.

Cheers,

Pete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

ConnectDrive doesn't work here. I believe TMC has just started round Dublin; whether it works with the car is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

TMC depends on having an having maps that support it.

It may be necessary to upgrade the navigation disk to one that supports TMC.

This was the case with my Lexus anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PeterMc9

yep you're right, IRL not listed as one of the TMC supported countries on the disk case. ah well .... !

Thanks for reply

Advertisement