Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give me back my 3Mb line please!!

Options
  • 08-02-2011 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I was with eircom for a year on a 3Mb contract getting a stable 2 – 2.5Mb, in Nov. ‘10 I decided to switch to Vodafone, after I switched I was only getting a 1Mb connection and I was told by Vodafone support that my line could only take 1Mb, I explained I was getting 3Mb from Eircom, but they wouldn’t do anything.

I rang eircom and asked what could my line take and they told me it could take 3Mb and that if I switched back I would get a 3Mb connection. I was released from the contract with Vodafone and returned to Eircom.

After the switch back, I check the line and I was only getting 1Mb, so I rang Eircom broadband support and they told me I was only on a 1Mb package, he also told me my line could easily take 2Mb but he couldn’t change it and I would have to contact sales to change it. I contacted sales and was told my line could only take 1Mb, I explained I was getting 2.5Mb only 6 weeks ago!!, they couldn’t explain it.

I raised a complaint and was told that I’m too far from the exchange!! My house hasn’t moved!?

Can you please explain why I can’t have my 3Mb connection back?

Current Stats.

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 1024/128
    SN Margin (dB) 15.10/16.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 56.50/31.50
    CRC Errors 0/0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

I was with eircom for a year on a 3Mb contract getting a stable 2 – 2.5Mb, in Nov. ‘10 I decided to switch to Vodafone, after I switched I was only getting a 1Mb connection and I was told by Vodafone support that my line could only take 1Mb, I explained I was getting 3Mb from Eircom, but they wouldn’t do anything.

I rang eircom and asked what could my line take and they told me it could take 3Mb and that if I switched back I would get a 3Mb connection. I was released from the contract with Vodafone and returned to Eircom.

After the switch back, I check the line and I was only getting 1Mb, so I rang Eircom broadband support and they told me I was only on a 1Mb package, he also told me my line could easily take 2Mb but he couldn’t change it and I would have to contact sales to change it. I contacted sales and was told my line could only take 1Mb, I explained I was getting 2.5Mb only 6 weeks ago!!, they couldn’t explain it.

I raised a complaint and was told that I’m too far from the exchange!! My house hasn’t moved!?

Can you please explain why I can’t have my 3Mb connection back?

Current Stats.

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 1024/128
    SN Margin (dB) 15.10/16.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 56.50/31.50
    CRC Errors 0/0

Hi caniveadrink
    that does sound odd. Can you DM me your telephone number and I can investigate this issue for you.
    Tony

Advertisement