Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record digging in Galway

Options
  • 08-02-2011 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

I’ll be in Galway later on this month and should have a spare couple of hours for record shopping.

I’d be grateful for any information on where to find second hand / used vinyl in the city. I am not interested in new records – you can buy them anywhere.

A Google search shows that there’s four charity shops – anyone know if they have vinyl?

Enable
    SVP
    Simon
    Oxfam

If there’s any other charities / second hand record shops / markets / car boot sales that might have records for sale then please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Are you looking for anything in particular?`

I'm after clicking on your site there. I actually have some stuff in the attic that you can take a look at that would fit in with what I have seen. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Try Bell Book and Candle, they have quite a few vinyl in stock all second hand.

located in the small crane behind the crane bar. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Not too many growing records nowadays. They bruise a bit easy. Roosters all the rage. Hardly the time of year for planting let alone digging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Are you looking for anything in particular?`

I'm after clicking on your site there. I actually have some stuff in the attic that you can take a look at that would fit in with what I have seen. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks - will send you a PM later.

Interests are 60s and 70s soul, lounge, folk, jazz, mod, psychedelic, soundtracks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That pretty much describes what I have. My Dad used to be a DJ on County Sound and when they were shut we ended up with a heap of old records.

• Advertisement
Advertisement