Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get PC Spec?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one, I am looking for a way to determine a visitors computer spec for legitimate reasons of course, can this be done through ActiveX or any other scripting language?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

I am pretty sure that it can be done through ActiveX, as that is one of the means that systemrequirementslab.com use to measure the spec, if you use IE. I do not know, on the other hand, how you would go about doing this offhand. I suppose you could look at that site to see if what they do is what you're looking for though, and if it is then you know that it is at least possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

http://supportdetails.com/
    You get OS, screen resolution, browser version and size, Flash version, whether Javascript enabled and whether cookies enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Many thanks for the links, I am looking for a way to determine the RAM type I don't think JavaScript can go that deep. The idea is that the user will go to the page and it will suggest an upgrade based on the RAM type

Advertisement