Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[help me find] Pour & Store Bags

Options
  • 08-02-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Feel silly saying I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm not sure there's a place in Home/Garden for this, and as more people who cook would browse here they may know - but please move if I'm incorrect :)

I'm looking for these
    wp50f82a9d.png

They are Polylina 'Pour & Store' Bags, so like freezer or ziplock bags, but these stand up in their own right when filled with liquid substance. My mother bought a box up north aaaaaages ago, and she finds them very handy when she makes stew/curry/etc and needs to freeze the leftovers. I've not been able to locate them down south though - and eBay doesn't have them either.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has found them in & around Dublin? Any tip-offs greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you're looking just in Dublin City - then the Dublin City forum would probably be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well I'm Dublin South - but generally people ask a question & don't give a location, so I was saying general Dublin, if there's some in Kildare or Wexford etc I'd travel a little no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I got some of these in Aldi before. Not sure if they were a weekly special or a regular item.

Groovy thank you, I'll keep an eye out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

You could do worse than giving polyina a mail and asking to give you the names of their Irish stockists. Most companies are only to happy to provide the details when they only do retailer supply themselves.

http://www.polylina.co.uk/enquiries.html

• Advertisement

Thanks, emailed asking was there anywhere in the south of Ireland that stocked them.
    Got this response (for anyone interested)
    Many thanks for your enquiry.

You will find Pour and Store pouches stocked in Sainsburys, Tesco, Home Bargains and Wilkinsons.

Morrisons have also recently started selling a “clip strip” version.

They are not so widely stocked during the warmer months, but we are starting to see sales increase
    so they should become more readily available.

Alternatively they can be brought on line via Morphy Richards using the following link:

http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/AccessoryDetail.aspx?Product=48726&Accessory=05242

I hope this helps.

Regards

I don't think she got I meant ROI but least I know where does stock them if someone goes up north again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Tesco in Cork have them . Give me a couple of days to double check that but I ve bought them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I've definitely seen them in Tescos Clare Hall, so some of the bigger branches should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Old thread I know, but got the Aldi newsletter and saw them and it triggered this thread:
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_16406.htm?WT.mc_id=2011-04-01-13-19

Ha you beat me to it, I was going to come back in to this thread today to let other people know! As we too got a newsletter, but thanks anyway :)

I shall be stocking up for my mother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

€1.79 in Aldi at moment !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can pour stuff more liquid stuff into those ice cube bags, then you have individual portions, or put a few in a bowl and they microwave better as it is not just a big lump. You can do this for hot curry sauces. I freeze natural yogurt like this as a large tub is only a few cent more than smaller ones.

Or you can get a dedicated ice cube tray for sauces, freeze stuff and pop them out into another bag in the freezer for storage.

If you get tapered jars you can freeze stuff in them and then sit them in hot water and it will defrost the outside, then you can pop it into another bag to freeze so it takes up minimal space.

I mean tapered like those jams you get
    bonne_maman_caramel_brotaufstrich_suesse_brotaufstriche.jpg
    So it easily falls out.

It's really for when my mother makes a stew or a curry or other things like that, she usually has a lot left over so will freeze it. So things like ice cube bags/trays won't really work.

We stocked up on Sunday there so should be good for a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Does anyone know where I might find these bags now? Tried my local Aldi but no luck!
    Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Does anyone know where I might find these bags now? Tried my local Aldi but no luck!
    Thanks,

Not bricks and mortar, but here they are on Amazon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This is an old thread but I'll leave it open for updates because I don't think the subject warrants a whole new thread.

Advertisement